• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Ford Show at local dealer presented by Trckmagik

Trckmagik

Ole Bag
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Celina, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
Thanks so much for posting Brian. Make sure you keep your calender marked for March 13th. This will be alot of fun for all. I cant wait to see some of your stangs. The greatest thing is this will still be small enough where we can meet everyone.
I look forward to seeing you guys. Thanks again for joining up and posting.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Motion Dynamics

Reaction score
City, State
Leander, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
Don't own one
No prob, I'd love to build a stroker V8 for an Explorer. 500 hp supercharged 331 in an Explorer would sneak up on some people! Ha ha So, who's first in line?

Laters,

Brian

Trckmagik

Ole Bag
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Celina, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
I just bought a 2001 Eddie Bauer V-8 All Wheel Drive.

You wanna do some work to get you name out in the explorer world :)

Ill be more than happy to let you.

John_Rock

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Houston, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sexy Sport Trac 4x4
Originally posted by Motion Dynamics
No prob, I'd love to build a stroker V8 for an Explorer. 500 hp supercharged 331 in an Explorer would sneak up on some people! Ha ha So, who's first in line?
How much horsepower without a supercharger?

Motion Dynamics

Reaction score
City, State
Leander, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
Don't own one
That's got the 4.6 aluminum 2 valve motor right? You can put a blower on it and supprise some people. Still got a strong bottom end. Only changes would be to install forged pistons & rods & port the heads & intake. You'd be all good with that. LOL Fun ride!

Trckmagik

Ole Bag
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Celina, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
Actually. Mine has the 5.0 motor in it. You remember those dont you?

Motion Dynamics

Reaction score
City, State
Leander, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
Don't own one
Originally posted by Johnstone
How much horsepower without a supercharger?
Depends. Heads, cam, compression will dictate power. You could go 10.5-11:1 compression 331 with AFR 205's and make gobs of power. 500hp NA wouldn't be out of the question at all. In fact I'd be pissed if we only got 500 out of it. LOL

Motion Dynamics

Reaction score
City, State
Leander, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
Don't own one
Originally posted by Trckmagik
Actually. Mine has the 5.0 motor in it. You remember those dont you?
Haha, of course I remember the 5.0's. LOL We have a 347 going together here right now. Are you positive about having the 5.0 in there? The 01 Explorer should have an aluminum 2V 4.6. I could be wrong but I'm pretty certain.

John_Rock

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Houston, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sexy Sport Trac 4x4
Originally posted by Motion Dynamics
Haha, of course I remember the 5.0's. LOL We have a 347 going together here right now. Are you positive about having the 5.0 in there? The 01 Explorer should have an aluminum 2V 4.6. I could be wrong but I'm pretty certain.
The 4.6 2v didn't show up until the 02 4door Explorers.

Trckmagik

Ole Bag
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Celina, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
I for sure have the 5.0 motor. :)

Motion Dynamics

Reaction score
City, State
Leander, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
Don't own one
Wow, learn something new every day. Haha We have an 01 Explorer block here that was one of the Ford prototypes. That's what confused me. It's in 4v form now with a T-Trim Vortech feeding it through ported Cobra heads. All that's going into a 97 Thunderbird. We build fun cars here!

WannaBTrckmagik

Reaction score
City, State
Plano, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Topless Sport XLT
Fun cars are the best!

Texan01

Reaction score
City, State
Dallas, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Explorer XLT
Count me in, since NCF is practically in my backyard. I may not have the most modified X out there but it does have some mods. It'll make some of my buddies laugh since they work there.

swak6287

Reaction score
City, State
Rockwall tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT
do we have to show clean cars? lol. my engine compartment is so dirty with mud and stuff in it

Trckmagik

Ole Bag
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Celina, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
You can show what you want. My engine bay looks like every other explorer therefore I have no need to open my hood. Mine explorers will be parked with all doors shut most likely.

Looks liek a good turnout of explorers for this event.

iroczddp

Reaction score
City, State
dallas, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 eddie bauer 4X4
my doors will be locked and shut... and getting it detailed as well.. i also want to put it up on some blocks or something to get it to flex.....

swak6287

Reaction score
City, State
Rockwall tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT
sounds good. look foward to it.

NICE59FORDF100

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Austin, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
OBD-1 Kenobi
wow, can the lowered and street guys show up too? :D anyway, this would be an awesome event for me to attend, and since i know this a month in advance, i might be able to go! not sure yet, but since i didnt make it down to your house for the axle swap, i would love to be there for this! if im lucky, i might have a new tranny and a new paint job! hehe, i can only hope, cause i think the stangs would have a problem being next to primer induced paint! :)

Attachments

Trckmagik

Ole Bag
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Celina, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
You are welcome to come.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Msupertek

Axle Annihilator!
Reaction score
City, State
Arlington, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 4x4 Explorer
Problem, wife reminded me that I am supposed to be camping with my god son the weekend of the 13th at Eagle Mountain Lake. So I'm not sure if I'll make it. That is if the weather is crappy that weekend at all I will be there. If it is perfect I can't.:(

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S No events forum? (Northern California Ford car show) Exploring everything under the sun!! 8
T Knotts ford show Exploring everything under the sun!! 0
C Ford is now a surveillance company and autos are just the means for that end Exploring everything under the sun!! 2
Rick Shelby American on Netflix & Ford vs Ferrari Exploring everything under the sun!! 0
S My 2017 F150 Lawn Ornament... Thanks Ford! Exploring everything under the sun!! 18
Rick Video - Riding offroad in Ford Explorer with over 400,000 miles Exploring everything under the sun!! 1
swshawaii Born Tough: Inside the Ford Factory | HISTORY CHANNEL Exploring everything under the sun!! 0
ProjectAviator Question for a Ford/Lincoln Tech Exploring everything under the sun!! 3
A Ford Explorer 2003 Eddie Bauer Edition Exploring everything under the sun!! 0
Tbars4 91-94 Lego Ford Explorer Exploring everything under the sun!! 2
Maniak Ford knew how to flex an off-road rig Exploring everything under the sun!! 2
T Ford's Thirty Under 30 Exploring everything under the sun!! 0
Tbars4 Ford Explorers at SEMA 2015 Exploring everything under the sun!! 0
R I love ford but new CEO is crazy!!! Exploring everything under the sun!! 6
D 2016 Ford GT, When you see it.. Exploring everything under the sun!! 2
L Ford NAIS Exploring everything under the sun!! 4
T Capital Ford Cruise In Pictures & Video 5-3-2014 Exploring everything under the sun!! 2
BKennedy Why I don't think I will purchase another Ford Exploring everything under the sun!! 4
reapereviltwin Ford lovers FB page Exploring everything under the sun!! 0
C So Ford is tracking customers hunh? Exploring everything under the sun!! 2
L 2015 Ford F150 Exploring everything under the sun!! 3
Anime Ford Ranger plunges off overpass onto a frozen lake...and the driver walks away Exploring everything under the sun!! 6
NICE59FORDF100 1992 Ford New Model Overview and Technical Service Features VHS Video Exploring everything under the sun!! 1
NICE59FORDF100 1995 Ford Explorer Owner's Guide Video Exploring everything under the sun!! 2
NICE59FORDF100 1993 Ford Explorer and Bronco Sales Highlights Video Exploring everything under the sun!! 0
swshawaii Henry Ford & Kingsford Charcoal Exploring everything under the sun!! 0
Tbars4 ..Another Ford sells for $4.2 Million Exploring everything under the sun!! 1
2TimingTom Ford: Rebuilding an American Icon Exploring everything under the sun!! 0
Y vote ford explorer 2012!!! Exploring everything under the sun!! 4
SoBeLover Drunk driver crashes Ford Explorer through the front of a convenience store Exploring everything under the sun!! 3
reapereviltwin Trip to the Henry Ford Museum. Exploring everything under the sun!! 13
S had job interview on thursday at ford & lincoln dealership Exploring everything under the sun!! 67
1 advise...2002 ford explorer limited Exploring everything under the sun!! 0
Dan Whitaker Ford sweeps GP at Daytona Rolex 24 hour. Exploring everything under the sun!! 3
H Perhaps The Best Ford Commercial Ever Exploring everything under the sun!! 8
FIND .:: Ford Explorer Picture Challenge Game ::. Exploring everything under the sun!! 57
Dan Whitaker Ford VS Chevy Exploring everything under the sun!! 14
L FORD: Built without your TAX dollars Exploring everything under the sun!! 7
X Jurassic Park Ford Explorer / Exploder Exploring everything under the sun!! 12
Flounder Ford F150 Defeats Ferrari Exploring everything under the sun!! 19
K 91 Ford Explorer Commercial Exploring everything under the sun!! 3
F Need a compressor? Got a Ford V8? Exploring everything under the sun!! 8
S I know it's not a Ford... Exploring everything under the sun!! 12
W Ford trucks rock! Exploring everything under the sun!! 2
lynchy wa Jesus drives a Ford Exploring everything under the sun!! 8
B Ford F150 Forum? Exploring everything under the sun!! 3
bcbid Ford Explorer....Facebook Exploring everything under the sun!! 4
Rick My first Ford - '74 F250 Exploring everything under the sun!! 7
Brandon96 Ford's Modular 4.6L, School me? Exploring everything under the sun!! 12
Flounder Ford Sales Persons or Auction Attendees? Exploring everything under the sun!! 2