Ford to Auction Off Equator Concept Truck to Support Texas Hurricane Relief | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford to Auction Off Equator Concept Truck to Support Texas Hurricane Relief

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i think it looks pretty decent. sounds like a nice truck. but if i had it i'd want to drive it. and if u wreck it/break it u'd be screwed cuz its a one of kind. which means it'll just be a collectors item. and the truck would go to waste :(

its a better use of the truck than just crushing it.... which is what they almost always do to concept cars that dont make it....

nope, ford keeps em in storage.

How could you register it, and get insurance for it if it's one of a kind? What about parts in the future? There isn't any repair data in a manual or a CD for it either. I'm sure that the engine, and transmission parts are the same as one of their other trucks, but there is no manual with part numbers to cross reference for substitution. Here is a picture of it:
Equator_2.jpg

I guess thats Ford's Answer to the H2 SUT?

Looks alot like it, throw in a little Sport-Trac and F-150 andf there you go, a big yellow mess.

I don't care for it all that much... Now for a really cool concept truck I'd take the Himalaya any day...
himalaya7.jpg

the himalaya was *****in. i would have bought it if they mass sold it.

both look cool...what i'm looking for, a smaller truck that can still perform off-road

That himilaya is bad ass.... someone needs to suck it up and chop the top off a Expedition now, that looks sweet.

Back