• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Ford to build GT40!!

FORDisKING

Reaction score
City, State
Redford, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002, XLS Sport
The Vette is played out as well as the over-priced Viper that is overrated. The Viper brings me to my next statement, Why do all Dodge owners yell MO-POWER!!!

Ford did great releasing this classic and Roush did a great job with the assembly and engine.

Jason

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

mrit

Reaction score
City, State
Lynnwood, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'84 Bronco II XLT
That thing is Beautiful. They shoud redesign the interior though. I would like to drive one.

rokke17

Reaction score
City, State
Minn/Mich
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT 4 Door 4X4
Its official that they are building it.
Check out this site for more info

http://www.fordvehicles.com/features/news/description/gt40news.html

All I know is that when I saw that puppy at Detroit Auto Show, NAIAS, it looked dope.

I cant wait for the first test drive. I wouldnt count my chickens before they hatch about the driveline though, it wouldnt surprise me in the least to see it significantly detuned.

soupbone

Reaction score
City, State
Hayward,CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Sport 4WD
check engine light

I like it. but blue with white stripes would be better. but geez im thinking taking that thing in for regular service to a umm regular Ford dealer? ummmm heh

Ok Ford needs to do a new bronco with D44 & 9inch to fight the J33p rubicon. since the only thing newest 2003 explorers and expeditions will be doing is exploring the shopping mall parking lot.

Doug

I'm Awesome!
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Sykesville, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
I heard that ford made it to be a ferrari killer.

Doug

I'm Awesome!
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Sykesville, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
Re: check engine light

Ok Ford needs to do a new bronco with D44 & 9inch to fight the J33p rubicon. since the only thing newest 2003 explorers and expeditions will be doing is exploring the shopping mall parking lot.

I heard ford was going to do that. From what i heard they where going to base it on the sport trac. Ford really does need to make something thats actually built for 4wheeling that isnt f250 size. I can see new explorers and expedition getting stuck in parking lots those curbs just jump out and bite you!

Muskrat

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Califon, NJ USA!!
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Ranger STX
Bronco

I heard a while back that Ford was going to bring back the Bronco. The article said that it was to be based on an Explorer frame, V-8 powered, I want to say 44 front and rear, and have a removable top. It would be awesome if they did this, but I can't locate the article I say on Blue Oval News a few years back.

Heath

Elite Moderator Intoxicator
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Rigby, ID
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Excursion (THE BUS)
Jay,

When they say this they are talking about the 02 4 doors, not the sports... You still have a solid axle in the rear and yours is just fine... Don't take it so personally...

Heath

FORDisKING

Reaction score
City, State
Redford, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002, XLS Sport
I have the 4 door.

soupbone

Reaction score
City, State
Hayward,CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Sport 4WD
moderation...... heh ;)

addkev

Reaction score
City, State
Eastern NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Explorer
Then yours isn't a sport then, like it says under your name.

FORDisKING

Reaction score
City, State
Redford, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002, XLS Sport
the badge on my vehicle says otherwise sparky!

Lifted95X

The Xplorer U Luv to H8
Reaction score
City, State
EASTPOINTE, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 4.6 Mounty
Yes, the XLS is a 4 door Sport addkev.

FORDisKING

Reaction score
City, State
Redford, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002, XLS Sport
Thank you Sikora, and how 'bout those wings???!!! San Jose here we come.

Lifted95X

The Xplorer U Luv to H8
Reaction score
City, State
EASTPOINTE, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 4.6 Mounty
The wings are kickin major ASS!!!!! I'll say the Wings vs. Sharks...and the wings in 6.

FORDisKING

Reaction score
City, State
Redford, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002, XLS Sport
Sikora would happen to know anyone in the Bay Area Four Wheeler club? I was going to join a couple of years back, but got married had a little boy. Now play time has come around. Just curious man. Thanks in advance.

jay

Lifted95X

The Xplorer U Luv to H8
Reaction score
City, State
EASTPOINTE, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 4.6 Mounty
Sorry I don't....but if you end up getting some info on it, let me know, I may be interested as well.

Thanks,
Shaun

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

FORDisKING

Reaction score
City, State
Redford, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002, XLS Sport
I'll do just that, I had their website and actually talked to founder over the phone a couple of times and just lost touch due to the family and all. I'll work on it for you, they are a major player in "Snowblind" every year around Gaylord (I think).

Jay

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BrooklynBay The last Ford Crown Victoria build documented by St. Thomas Assembly. Auto Industry News 15
G Ford to build hybrid-electric SUV Auto Industry News 14
Rick The History of the First Ford Explorer - by Derek Elliot former Ford engineer Auto Industry News 3
J Is Ford Motor Company in financial trouble ? Auto Industry News 10
allmyEXes Ford and Volkswagen Collaboration? Auto Industry News 3
Anime Ford Prepares for Mass Layoffs After Losing $1 Billion to Trump's Trade Tariffs Auto Industry News 7
L Ford cuts production at 5 plants, has big backload of cars Auto Industry News 1
S Ford Bronco / Ranger Confirmed Auto Industry News 2
Rick Explorer demand to keep Ford's Chicago plants busier this summer Auto Industry News 0
C Ford news Auto Industry News 15
Rick Ford to boost entry-level pay by $9.22 an hour, hire back laid off workers Auto Industry News 1
D 2016 Ford Explorer Auto Industry News 0
Tbars4 Ford, Castrol no longer sponsor John Force Auto Industry News 1
BrooklynBay New Ford Bronco. Auto Industry News 13
swshawaii 2016 Ford SVT Bronco Coming Soon Auto Industry News 6
Rick RIP William Clay Ford Auto Industry News 1
BrooklynBay Ford plans to unveil a solar powered hybrid concept car. Auto Industry News 7
Rick Ford Racing unveils 460ci small block Auto Industry News 6
BrooklynBay Ford recalls 370,000 cars because of corrosion in the steering shaft. Auto Industry News 1
BrooklynBay Ford recalls the 2013 Explorer, Taurus, and Lincoln MKS for defective child locks. Auto Industry News 0
JohnnyO New Pope Is A Ford Man Auto Industry News 0
R Ford's Oldest Known Survivor Sells For $264k Auto Industry News 3
Tbars4 Ford putting buttons back on Dash Auto Industry News 3
BrooklynBay Ford regenerative brakes rack up big energy savings. Auto Industry News 1
BrooklynBay Ford utility sales are growing while full size SUV deliveries are dropping. Auto Industry News 3
BrooklynBay Ford recalls 2013 Escapes & Fusions with 1.6-liter engines for overheating issues. Auto Industry News 0
BrooklynBay Ford recalls 6,500 vehicles for a child safety lock issue. Auto Industry News 0
BrooklynBay Ford recalls 465,000 vehicles for fuel leaks. Auto Industry News 0
BrooklynBay Ford plans to close their Australian plants in 2016 after 88 years of production. Auto Industry News 1
BrooklynBay Three Ohio drivers are suing Ford for the Ecoboost engine being a defective design. Auto Industry News 5
Tbars4 Oops: Ford apologizes for Ad in India Auto Industry News 1
BrooklynBay Ford & GM make official collaboration on advanced transmissions. Auto Industry News 0
Rick Ford Explorer Production Goes International as Iconic SUV Rolls Off the Line in Russi Auto Industry News 0
BrooklynBay Class action suit against Ford claims unintended acceleration danger. Auto Industry News 2
BrooklynBay Ford, Daimler, and Nissan partner to develop hydrogen vehicles. Auto Industry News 7
E Ford Developer Program Auto Industry News 0
BrooklynBay Ford marks 5 million Sync-equipped vehicles over 5 years. Auto Industry News 0
BrooklynBay 2014 Ford Transit Connect Wagon. Auto Industry News 0
BrooklynBay Ford is manufacturing the C-Max hybrid in their Michigan assembly plant. Auto Industry News 6
BrooklynBay Sticking accelerator pedals are being investigated on the Ford Taurus/Mercury Sable. Auto Industry News 0
BrooklynBay Ford invests $135 million in electric vehicles. Auto Industry News 0
BrooklynBay Ford is recalling 16,330 Transit Connect vans for faulty wipers. Auto Industry News 0
LONO100 ford sales are killing it, but sync is killing ford Auto Industry News 1
BrooklynBay Car parts made from cash? Ford tests "green" arm rests & trays. Auto Industry News 0
C Ford CEO is todays one-percenter Auto Industry News 32
BrooklynBay Feds probe Ford Tauruses for stuck throttles. Auto Industry News 1
BrooklynBay How Ford plans to phase out the best selling E-Series. Auto Industry News 15
Rick Ford's dividends return after 5 years Auto Industry News 1
E new/redesigned Ford Escape/Kuga Auto Industry News 0
BrooklynBay Ford & Toyota will work together on producing hybrid trucks. Auto Industry News 3