Ford to build GT40!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford to build GT40!!

The Vette is played out as well as the over-priced Viper that is overrated. The Viper brings me to my next statement, Why do all Dodge owners yell MO-POWER!!!

Ford did great releasing this classic and Roush did a great job with the assembly and engine.

Jason

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That thing is Beautiful. They shoud redesign the interior though. I would like to drive one.

Looks like a fast back Mustang on steroids. I like it:D

Its official that they are building it.
Check out this site for more info

http://www.fordvehicles.com/features/news/description/gt40news.html

All I know is that when I saw that puppy at Detroit Auto Show, NAIAS, it looked dope.

I cant wait for the first test drive. I wouldnt count my chickens before they hatch about the driveline though, it wouldnt surprise me in the least to see it significantly detuned.

They can't detune it if they want to keep up with Dodge's 500/500/

check engine light

I like it. but blue with white stripes would be better. but geez im thinking taking that thing in for regular service to a umm regular Ford dealer? ummmm heh

Ok Ford needs to do a new bronco with D44 & 9inch to fight the J33p rubicon. since the only thing newest 2003 explorers and expeditions will be doing is exploring the shopping mall parking lot.

I heard that ford made it to be a ferrari killer.

Re: check engine light

Ok Ford needs to do a new bronco with D44 & 9inch to fight the J33p rubicon. since the only thing newest 2003 explorers and expeditions will be doing is exploring the shopping mall parking lot.

I heard ford was going to do that. From what i heard they where going to base it on the sport trac. Ford really does need to make something thats actually built for 4wheeling that isnt f250 size. I can see new explorers and expedition getting stuck in parking lots those curbs just jump out and bite you!

Bronco

I heard a while back that Ford was going to bring back the Bronco. The article said that it was to be based on an Explorer frame, V-8 powered, I want to say 44 front and rear, and have a removable top. It would be awesome if they did this, but I can't locate the article I say on Blue Oval News a few years back.

Jay,

When they say this they are talking about the 02 4 doors, not the sports... You still have a solid axle in the rear and yours is just fine... Don't take it so personally...

Heath

I have the 4 door.

moderation...... heh ;)

Then yours isn't a sport then, like it says under your name.

the badge on my vehicle says otherwise sparky!

Yes, the XLS is a 4 door Sport addkev.

Thank you Sikora, and how 'bout those wings???!!! San Jose here we come.

The wings are kickin major ASS!!!!! I'll say the Wings vs. Sharks...and the wings in 6.

Sikora would happen to know anyone in the Bay Area Four Wheeler club? I was going to join a couple of years back, but got married had a little boy. Now play time has come around. Just curious man. Thanks in advance.

jay

Sorry I don't....but if you end up getting some info on it, let me know, I may be interested as well.

Thanks,
Shaun

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll do just that, I had their website and actually talked to founder over the phone a couple of times and just lost touch due to the family and all. I'll work on it for you, they are a major player in "Snowblind" every year around Gaylord (I think).

Jay

Back