Ford to ship and sell Explorer SUVs with missing chips | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford to ship and sell Explorer SUVs with missing chips

Geostang

Reaction score
City, State
Central Coast, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 Platinum Explorer

Mine's was built on Jan 24th but is stuck in a parking lot waiting for a chip. I hope this gets it to me soon!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine's was built on Jan 24th but is stuck in a parking lot waiting for a chip. I hope this gets it to me soon!
Explorers are now on dealer lots with the missing controls. First batches arrived on Friday.

Picking up a 22 without them and was hoping to beat the shortage. The dealer was adamant that they would eventually install it within 12 months.

Interesting, I guess those of us that bought a 21MY Explorer at below MSRP and got a 100% completed vehicle are considered lucky now?

$150 credit as previously stated by others.

Signed 2 documents from the dealer acknowledging that Ford would eventually provide the parts for the rear HVAC controls and rear seat heater controls.

Rear HVAC can still be controlled from front screen.

5194348A-5A9B-47B0-A05D-FD7A2BAEB788.jpeg

$150 credit as previously stated by others.

Signed 2 documents from the dealer acknowledging that Ford would eventually provide the parts for the rear HVAC controls and rear seat heater controls.

Rear HVAC can still be controlled from front screen.

View attachment 427605
Here’s one of the documents I signed. A similar document was also signed for the rear seat heater buttons.

A513EB44-E7CE-4B2D-BFDB-C801B44F405C.jpeg

I just got my window sticker with a blend date of 3/26. Missing the same features. I don't know if I'm going to take it when it arrives now. Especially after reading the document that needs to be signed.

Anyone hear any rumors about when these might be available?

Anyone hear any rumors about when these might be available?
If you are referring to the chips, the only thing I keep reading about this is that the shortage is expected to well into 2023.:(

Peter

Back