Ford will manufacture a bullet proof Lincoln Town Car. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford will manufacture a bullet proof Lincoln Town Car.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It could be a soccer Mom that perceives risk, if it is true or not, we are not the ones to argue with them.

...and then there's those swimming and gymnastics parents...you'll need a tank for them! :p:

There's definitely a market though. I don't know if it was armored or not, but I saw a protective detail leaving Baltimore for I'd imagine DC. Cadillac DTS with a Tahoe in front and Tahoe in the rear. It was pretty sweet watching them do lane changes.

I'm wondering what Ford is doing to upgrade the engine and suspension to handle what I imagine will be at least another 2000 lbs. :scratch:

If I could afford one, I would go into "bad" neighborhoods and offend people...for fun.

It would be cool to drive around and be able to say "yeah, my car is bulletproof....literally"

If I could afford one, I would go into "bad" neighborhoods and offend people...for fun.

It would be cool to drive around and be able to say "yeah, my car is bulletproof....literally"

until you had to pay a couple thousand dollars to replace a window everytime someone shot it.

Is this seriously an '08 article?

We designed and built the Lincoln BPS several years ago. A bunch were built, but there wasn't really much interest. As far as I know, the program was shelved in '05 or '06. There were still a couple BPSs in our secured parking lot, last I checked. I probably still have some of the old files in my desk too.

Not much has changed in the Town Car architecture since then, so I guess they could just resume production with only a few changes here and there. I don't think we're doing the work one the latest ones though.

Here's some more info/specs:

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2004/12/05/295093.html

http://motortrend.automotive.com/34816/112-news030122-linctc/index.html

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0EIN/is_2003_Jan_30/ai_97073350

BTW, "performance" specs:

0-to-60 in 12.0 seconds,
quarter-mile 18.6 seconds at 77 mph,
70 mph to 0 in 226 feet

dp

Not quick by any means. Its just a stock engine trying to haul around 6300 lbs.

I wish they would've let us put a Roush supercharger kit on it. Bolts right on.

Not quick by any means. Its just a stock engine trying to haul around 6300 lbs.

I wish they would've let us put a Roush supercharger kit on it. Bolts right on.

Yeah if I needed an armored car I'd want it to be able to move and get away from the "danger zone" in a quick manor.

Says nothing about the the tires thou, bulletproof car with regular tires:confused: Shoot the tires and that car isn't going anywhere.

Check the first link I posted.

It has run-flat wheel inserts. They are good for 30 miles @30mph. Not that great, but at least you can limp out of the area after you are attacked.

Most attackers aren't in a moving vehicle anyway. They are usually hidden in a building or something and probably won't be following you. Hopefully you'd have other vehicles with you to help you elude mobile attackers.

I think Ford is missing a valuable market share here. They need to add 22's with spinners and call it the Lincoln DLS, short for Drug Lord Special :thumbsup:

maybe it can incorporate a quick release rack to hold the 9 and a few extra clips and a removable passenger side sun sheild so the mirror on the back can be used to sample "product". Oh and don't forget the slide out tray on the truck to help lift your dead buddies up for transport.

That would work for rappers too. As much as they get shot at....

I don't think 22s are big enough anymore though. It'll need a body lift to fit their 30s or whatever the latest are. Then with all that ground clearance, they could mount guns under the car.

That would work for rappers too. As much as they get shot at....

I don't think 22s are big enough anymore though. It'll need a body lift to fit their 30s or whatever the latest are. Then with all that ground clearance, they could mount guns under the car.

lmao your right

Back