FordETIS site | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

FordETIS site

mbrooks

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
The Ford ETIS website (http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do) is showing the following information about my ordered 2013 Explorer Sport:

-Explorer, 3.5L DOHC T/C V6 Petrol
-Primary Features
-Build Date: 30.11.0002
-Vehicle Line: Explorer
-Engine: 3.5L DOHC T/C V6 Petrol
-Chicago Plant Build

The build date does not make any sense to me. Can someone help interpret it for me? Thanks!

That is because your vehicle has not been assembled yet.

Our Etis updated a day or two after the Ex was built. Our first indication that the car had been built was when we registered on Syncmyride.com (SMR) after we received the VIN#. We were able to look at the installations and they had specific dates showing when the software was loaded into our newly built car. Just remember that you won't be able to register on SMR until after your Explorer is built. I just happened to catch it right after it was built when I tried this.

That is because your vehicle has not been assembled yet.

Our Etis updated a day or two after the Ex was built. Our first indication that the car had been built was when we registered on Syncmyride.com after we received the VIN#. We were able to look at the installations and they had specific dates showing when the software was loaded into our newly built car.

Thanks

Sure thing!

Check out the other info I added to my post, it might help ya pass the time waiting for it to arrive :)

Also, you can check the Gray Ghost's thread here to see when things were going on for our car. Might help give ya an idea what to expect time-wise.

Back