Fordkid88's Long Slow build log. | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fordkid88's Long Slow build log.

They've been delivered. I talked with the landlord and told her she could let the UPS guy in to deliver them, and called the fiance as soon as I new she would be home just to make sure they were delivered. They're so beautiful!
dropbeams_zpsde5f8728.jpg

I finally got a 95-97 driver spindle thats not shot to ****, and most importantly I think I figured out what needs to be done to install ranger drop beams on and explorer. It will require some fab work but I think its doable. After talking with John at autofab.com he informed me that the 2wd i-beam pivot points on the explorer are actually the same as the 4x4 ranger. The bushing had to be shaved down and the short beam bracket will have to be relocated. Im trying to figure out what exactly needs to be done for the short beam. John makes replacement brackets for the 2wd ranger so im going to go to my friends take measurements on his ranger and take measurements on my ex and see if I can use the brackets or make the 4wd work.

Back