FordPass app not showing tire pressure | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

FordPass app not showing tire pressure

jhu8

Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 Ford Explorer ST
So I have the Fordpass app hooked up to my 17 and I can view the miles fuel capacity, odometer, and oil life in the app. But I don't see my tire pressure show up. I actually didn't know about this until I went into settings and saw I could set the tire pressure unit of measure. So I only assumed this is compatible even without the official smartlink feature. Obviously the app is pulling vehicle data because the fuel capacity, odometer, etc are showing up. Any ideas why it won't show?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How did you even get FordPass running on your '17? I didn't think you could get it working without SyncConnect which didn't show up in the Explorer until MY2018. Did you install your own modem?

How did you even get FordPass running on your '17? I didn't think you could get it working without SyncConnect which didn't show up in the Explorer until MY2018. Did you install your own modem?

No extra modems here. It was with an update to the Fordpass app that came out several months ago. Download the fordpass app and run it in the car. The fordpass app will show up in applications in Sync 3. Click that and run the app from your phone.

No extra modems here. It was with an update to the Fordpass app that came out several months ago. Download the fordpass app and run it in the car. The fordpass app will show up in applications in Sync 3. Click that and run the app from your phone.

Did that and got the apps running on the phone and in the car, and accepted the various on-screen requests. But the iPhone app itself still doesn't give me the ability to see much information under Vehicle Details aside from Dealer, Maintenance, and Service History.

I'm wondering if late model 2017s somehow got SyncConnect just ahead of the 2018 MY.

Did that and got the apps running on the phone and in the car, and accepted the various on-screen requests. But the iPhone app itself still doesn't give me the ability to see much information under Vehicle Details aside from Dealer, Maintenance, and Service History.

I'm wondering if late model 2017s somehow got SyncConnect just ahead of the 2018 MY.

Hmm weird. Yeah I am able to see my fuel level, odometer, and oil life percentage. I wonder if there is a way to see if I have SyncConnect. I am pretty sure I don't though because that was only with 18s. Like I can't start my car or anything through that app. Hopefully someone else can chime in and see if works in their 17. It should be working for you.

UN install and Re install the Ford Pass APP. My tire pressure was reading Kilo Pascals for a while but went back to PSI when the previous step was done.

UN install and Re install the Ford Pass APP. My tire pressure was reading Kilo Pascals for a while but went back to PSI when the previous step was done.

Does this fix the issue of the app changing from psi and miles? Mine switches to KM and kPa very often, even after I close the app.

Allow me to introduce my standard disclaimer...………………."Past performance not indicative of future results, Your mileage may vary"

With that said YES Uninstalling and reinstalling the app worked for me.

Back