Fordpass App

iTonyp

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Coconut Creek Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Limited
Successfully activated, and added my new 2020 Limited Explorer to the app. When you open the app it does not show the lock, unlock and start icons. I force quit the app and reopen it. Then it briefly shows the buttons then disappears. Thought maybe it's my phone but it does the exact same thing only wife's phone. Any ideas what's going on? Anybody else experienced this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Try uninstalling the app. Then re-install, sign in, and try again.

Mine stopped showing location and tire pressure.

Try uninstalling the app. Then re-install, sign in, and try again.
I did apparently there was an issue with Ford themselves. All is fixed now. It's crazy how a company this big does not have their ducks in a row af far as features for an app. they are so behind the time in capabilities and abilities.

FYI, my FordPass app is showing neither location nor tire pressure today.

FYI, my FordPass app is showing neither location nor tire pressure today.

Mine was the same. I got an app update via Android and it self updated. That's when the location and tire pressure data went missing. This happens almost every time they push an automatic app update. So I manually uninstalled the app and re-installed. Now it's working again.

Obviously, whomever is in charge of app development is not doing a great job testing updates. Probably the same person programming the transmission control modules.

I have location and tire pressure. Found out there is an app for the Apple Watch and it works great. Was also able the add it to Alexa skills.

Update: Per buzzard302's suggestion, I uninstalled my FordPass app, re-downloaded the app, re-installed it, and logged in. Everything seems to be working as it should now.

I called Ford and asked why i could not do the scheduled starts and they told some vehicles are not able to at this moment.

Mine stopped showing location and tire pressure.

Mine stopped showing both the location and tire pressure recently too. Thought it was just me.

I just uninstalled/reinstalled the app and it's once again showing my location and tire pressure.

The tire pressure now reports out to one decimal (e.g. 33.0) whereas it didn't show a decimal place before. It doesn't appear that they are capturing that level of detail though (since all my tires are either 33.0 or 34.0), so I'm guessing they just changed the presentation of the values.

Does not work in the elevators at world hq either. Tried to use it to select my go to floor. Elevator stopped between floors ......... Bummed. :rolleyes:

I just uninstalled/reinstalled the app and it's once again showing my location and tire pressure.

The tire pressure now reports out to one decimal (e.g. 33.0) whereas it didn't show a decimal place before. It doesn't appear that they are capturing that level of detail though (since all my tires are either 33.0 or 34.0), so I'm guessing they just changed the presentation of the values.

Thanks for that, I uninstalled last night and reinstalled after reading your post and everything is working again.

I called Ford and asked why i could not do the scheduled starts and they told some vehicles are not able to at this moment.
I spoke to someone about the schedule start. They told me spring of 2020, also to fix location issue all you need to do is log out and back in.

Setup the app on 2 phones yesterday, no issues and both work great (same login). Is this service aka start/lock/unlock free for as long as we own this vehicle? I had some suspicion this may be a paid service after X years, like uconnect for my Ram (1yr free)

Holy crap, my salesman didn't lie ;) So as long as Ford continues support for the servers....dang! that is awesome. I will still probably try the install of the long range remote start as a backup, but the app is very nice for RS when you have to park super far away.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

New feature added to the app. 15 min increments once vehicle has started.
08273764-5CE4-4873-BADA-55C98693B2C7.jpeg

Back