FordPass Remote Start stopped working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

FordPass Remote Start stopped working

timoconn

Reaction score
City, State
Fairfax, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer Platinum
My FordPass remote start and other remote features stopped working. I've done a Master Reset, Reinstalled the app, deleted my vehicle and added it again and then tried re-activating. The app/vehicle never activated, it's still pending. I also tried to update the status while connected to USB. And yes I can remote start with my FOB. Can I try anything else before going to the dealership?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you still haven't got it working, disconnect the battery for a minute and try it. You are in a good cell reception area right?

i have a 2018 Explorer. the remote start from the Ford Pass App stopped working. it will read all the data from the car and remote lock and unlock the doors. It says "ford pass vehicle failed to start. you must drive your vehicle after two remote start events". it wont remote start even after multiple drives. i have re-installed the App, did a master reset of the sync 3 software and have disconnected the car battery to try to reset it. Remote start is enabled. it keeps coming up the same. Please help. Thanks, Brent

Does remote start work with the fob?

Does it remote start with the fob?

i have a 2018 Explorer. the remote start from the Ford Pass App stopped working. it will read all the data from the car and remote lock and unlock the doors. It says "ford pass vehicle failed to start. you must drive your vehicle after two remote start events". it wont remote start even after multiple drives. i have re-installed the App, did a master reset of the sync 3 software and have disconnected the car battery to try to reset it. Remote start is enabled. it keeps coming up the same. Please help. Thanks, Brent
Welcome to the Forum Brent. :wave:
Your thread was merged with this existing one on the same topic.

Peter

Back