Forscan code to enable Sirius radio | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Forscan code to enable Sirius radio

BatDoctor

Reaction score
City, State
Capitol City, NEVADA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer PIU
Callsign
KC7ARS
Looking for the address location and hex code to enable Sirius radio on my piu
I've purchased the aiu with Sirius already just need the info to get it working once I take delivery that is.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

UPDATE 6-17-17

Found a vehicle very close to the police model with Sat radio enabled.
ACM programming
727-01-01 is 5A00 2000 00AA
727-04-01 is 0001 0255 53DE

Only two line code differences on that one VS my vin, have 2011 CD unit with Sat radio from bone yard in hand. Just waiting on the truck to show up and install/test!

Fingers crossed!

I just went and gave this a shot in my 2013 PIU. No luck.. When i push the sirius button says its not enabled and see dealer. Made the changes to the ACM with no change

Do you have a CD player installed with Sirius? It must be a CD player unit with a yellow antenna connection on the rear and scars ein number on the bottom of the unit.

It is indeed a CD unit.
Im quite sure it has the other things too last i had it out of the dash. I can double check in the afternoon

Unless you specifically added it you do not have one in there. They didn't build them with that unit in the vehicle for police. You'll need to find a unit in a bone yard or from eBay that has Sirius built into the CD player for the explorer. My vehicle also has sync and hands free Bluetooth phone connection so if yours dosent have that feature these codes may not work for yours either. I'm supposed to have my explorer by Saturday so this will be one of the first things I attempt to do once its home and I can look over the vehicle. I'll post what I find.

Unless you specifically added it you do not have one in there. They didn't build them with that unit in the vehicle for police. You'll need to find a unit in a bone yard or from eBay that has Sirius built into the CD player for the explorer. My vehicle also has sync and hands free Bluetooth phone connection so if yours dosent have that feature these codes may not work for yours either. I'm supposed to have my explorer by Saturday so this will be one of the first things I attempt to do once its home and I can look over the vehicle. I'll post what I find.

This is correct, you need an ACM (Audio Control Module) with Sirius. The ACM is also the unit that contains the CD player.

Mine has the sync and such in it, does have a sirius button on it too. Or does that mean nothing?

Sirius "button" is standard in all of vehicles. It takes a specific CD radio unit (ACM) with the function built in and the programming to make it active. Also requires the second antenna lead off of the main harness to work.

Ah! Well! Iv now been educated on that. Ill go with i dooooo not has :D

ACM for a 2013 W sat radio part number is DB5Z18C869BA and theres a second one with HD radio as well DB5Z18C869CA

Well as luck would have it, my unit was bad and I was unable to tell if it would work or not, however I DO NOT Have the antenna cable for the sirius in my vehicle...so looks like back to the drawing board. Keyless isnt functional either (aggravated scowl) however I found out my vehicle has ballistic doors, like I need that?

UPDATE:
All vehicles have the antenna installed, in the passenger kick panel there is s 2 connecter cable with yellow housing, only one is connected for the AM/FM. The other port is for the Sirius and there is a separate part number for the antenna extension cable to the Sirius receiver.

Satellite radio is now enabled!!!!!!
as stated previously by Stroker70 changing 7A5-01-01 from 0021 1000 00DF to now 2021 1000 00FF
adds the satellite radio function if you have the correct CD player and antenna jumper from the passenger kick panel (yellow colored plug with empty slot) to the dash with 2 leads. if not its part number
BB5Z-18812-D

Satellite radio is now enabled!!!!!!
as stated previously by Stroker70 changing 7A5-01-01 from 0021 1000 00DF to now 2021 1000 00FF
adds the satellite radio function if you have the correct CD player and antenna jumper from the passenger kick panel (yellow colored plug with empty slot) to the dash with 2 leads. if not its part number
BB5Z-18812-D
Does that give you an ESN number that is required in order to activate and subscribe to Sirius/XM?

Peter

Hi Peter
Yes you can use the menu button to retrieve the ESN for activation. I didn't have an antenna available at the time I was testing.

More info on this subject 7/9/2017

Start at the bottom form here and read backwards...issue is resolved

More info on this subject 7/8/2017

While the HEX code was able to enable the sirius selection on the keypad of the radio controls, and appears to function... I have had two units now that have different issues and effectively I'm still searching for one that works as it should.

The problem I had with the first unit was that there was no sound from the main door speakers, also no sound from SYNC. This MAY have been a bad unit or its the information programmed in to the CD unit itself and how its supposed to operate as possibly seen on the unit below as well.

The second CD unit was that everything functioned except for SYNC audio out the door speakers again, AND there was no volume control on the dash face or the steering wheel. This CD unit was from a vehicle that had the 8" display non sony sound. The HD radio this allegedly was equipped with did not appear in any menu selection either.

The part numbers that were on the units were:
276-0681-69 / BB5T-19C107-BS
276-1056-23 / DB5T-19C107-GC

I'm attempting to return the second and I'll try again with another unit from somewhere. If anyone else can contribute to this list until we find one that works on the PIU that'd be GREAT!
Cheers all!

Did you program the new ACM's with your as-built data? (with with addition of the Sirius setting)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Deleted post..... Don't want to confuse anyone

Back