jsgoofn

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Beautiful Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Greetings....

I installed some LED turn signals that supposedly had built in resisters to keep them from hyperflashing...but, alas, they lied...Anyway, rather than put in those tacky resistors, I wanted to use my shiny new OBD2 device to program the BCM. I found my way through that maze of instructions, hardware and software but the codes that are out there seem to be for the F150 and I cannot find any for the Explorer. They are close, but do not match exactly. I looked around FORSCan.org and couldn;t find any info there either. So, has anyone been successful in finding the codes that are specific to the 5th Gen Explorers?

Here is the screenshot of the AsBuilt module for the BCM. The codes that correspond with the F150 front/rear turn signals are 726-27-01 (front) but the F150 has one for 726-27-02 (rear). The Explorer only has the 726-27-01. Any ideas/suggestions would be much appreciated.

BCM 2015 Explorer.PNG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Elite Explorers and thank you for helping to support this great site! :thumbsup:

Peter

Take a look at this spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uDSQ1Z5a2Wt8-kjrSiVSlDFGFHnfeuhb3RTMVz95730/edit#gid=0

The "BCM" tab and rows 137 - 149

Looks like 726-28-01 might be for the rear.

Thanks...I have that spreadsheet. In my screenshot of my specific vehicle, it shows two groupings of numbers and it should be three. Plus it is all 0's and there is supposed to be a 1 if it is enabled. But thanks anyway....

There has to be somebody on this forum that has been able to stop the hyperflash when they put in LEDs for the turn signals without using resistors?? I am hoping!

S
Take a look at this spreadsheet:

FORScan 2015-2019 F150s

The "BCM" tab and rows 137 - 149

Looks like 726-28-01 might be for the rear.

So this list will work with a 2015 Explorer?
I've pretty much done all the changes to our 2015 Explorer Limited but really want the 4 wheel TP screen on the IPC like I was able to enable on our 2016 Fusion Titanium like this:
80-tire_pressure_13f5014fab5ae588b030e0f2c9297cd786edb52e.jpg

Here is a comparison of our Explorer IPC module and our Fusion IPC module. This is of course not the (As Built) data. This is when you press play in Forscan on the module list for the IPC module that doesn't say (As Built) in () next to it.

80-explorer_vs_fusion_ipc_edbe7f0468432f704639309e867895e476a33466.jpg

Does this mean the IPC module on the Explorer doesn't support 4 wheel TPM? And if it doesn't support it is there a way to program support?

Also, does anyone know what address/bits to change on a 2015 Explorer to enable global window up/down?

Does this mean the IPC module on the Explorer doesn't support 4 wheel TPM? And if it [doesn't support it is there a way to program support?

Also, does anyone know what address/bits to change on a 2015 Explorer to enable global window up/down?

Either the IPC doesn't support it, or Forscan hasn't mapped it yet.

There is no way to enable global open on the '11-'15. They're not wired for it.

S

So this list will work with a 2015 Explorer?
I've pretty much done all the changes to our 2015 Explorer Limited but really want the 4 wheel TP screen on the IPC like I was able to enable on our 2016 Fusion Titanium like this:
80-tire_pressure_13f5014fab5ae588b030e0f2c9297cd786edb52e.jpg

Here is a comparison of our Explorer IPC module and our Fusion IPC module. This is of course not the (As Built) data. This is when you press play in Forscan on the module list for the IPC module that doesn't say (As Built) in () next to it.

80-explorer_vs_fusion_ipc_edbe7f0468432f704639309e867895e476a33466.jpg

Does this mean the IPC module on the Explorer doesn't support 4 wheel TPM? And if it doesn't support it is there a way to program support?

JK THEANDIES - Are you able to get it mapped so you can see 4 wheel TPMS?

Any update to this? I had this feature after swapping a dual LCD into my 2015 Fusion and found it very useful having all 4 tires PSI readout.

Any update to this? I had this feature after swapping a dual LCD into my 2015 Fusion and found it very useful having all 4 tires PSI readout.
Does anyone know how the F150s got such a complete list of settings? Did they use official ford software to determine what each setting changed? I’d love to get the same level of detail for the explorer too but just don’t know what we need to get there.

Back