forscan pats...just a rant if i might have missed something | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

forscan pats...just a rant if i might have missed something

MotorCityFats13

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Flatrock MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer XLT 4.0L
I am trying to swap out a cluster which I have no keys for, everything Ive read says a 2006 cluster is compatible both are w/o nav and message center after completing the 12 minute wait and process it says 2 keys saved but the keys dont start the truck and are bricked in the original cluster but when I put the old cluster back in and redo the process they work again is there something Im missing with the 2006 cluster on why the pats will not take

I pulled this cluster from a junkyard like over a year ago and finally felt like trying this and after 6 hours no dice still in the same position, I have 3 months until the extended license runs out does anyone know if all as-built data has to be switched before the pats will let the engine start

You're marrying the keys to the PCM? When I got a new PCM, the key tech spent about 2 hours before finally getting it to work.

well i found another used cluster but this time out of a 2007 all matching parts numbers and same thing it will not start even though after the process it cleared 4 keys from the junkyard cluster and reprogrammed my 2 keys... both clusters were from v6 models only thing i can try now is run back up there are buy the pcm and try again my forscan license expires today 3/9/19 ..... after the failed program i was able once again to make the broken cluster reprogram and make engine start so there must be something else keeping my pats from proving out and making it pass security....

I grabbed that PCM from the truck that had the cluster and the key programming worked first try but now the ABS control module is miss-matched so now I have to decide if I go and grab that tomorrow or just reset the DTC every time I start it up.... plus I dont know if its just a light or if the abs and trac control is actually disabled... would definitely be easier to swap those than find someone to program crap but its the only abs control module on the planet that is matched with the cluster and pcm

Back