ForScan showing enabled options as disabled? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ForScan showing enabled options as disabled?

Post number 4 has been selected as best answered.

Cavyyy

Reaction score
City, State
St. Charles, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer Sport
I have a 18 Sport and after doing the 3.4 update last week I just got around to messing around in ForScan. I changed the Explorer boot scree, enabled vented/heated seats on screen, and enabled calm screen. That "issue" I'm having if you want to call it that, is that ForScan is showing options that I have and working as disabled? Front camera, rear defrost, and cross traffic are all marked disabled in ForScan but all operate properly. Just wondering why that is and if I need to enable them, just don't want to be missing out on some functionality.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Forscan is an unreliable/non oem supported program that is based on input from users and often times it pulls the wrong information or the programmers don't verify settings. Using the enable/disable or on/off functionality is a crap shoot.

Forscan is an unreliable/non oem supported program that is based on input from users and often times it pulls the wrong information or the programmers don't verify settings. Using the enable/disable or on/off functionality is a crap shoot.
Ah okay, so for the ones that are currently set to disabled, would it be better to set them to enabled even though the function is working? Or just leave it be?

Same on my 2018 Limited. For fun I set the Front Camera to Enabled. After saving I immediately got an error on the left instrument display and no front camera. Setting it back to disabled fixed it and the camera works again.
So I would not mess with the setting if it works.

Same on my 2018 Limited. For fun I set the Front Camera to Enabled. After saving I immediately got an error on the left instrument display and no front camera. Setting it back to disabled fixed it and the camera works again.
So I would not mess with the setting if it works.
Okay awesome, glad to get some clarity on it. Everything seems to work okay so I'll just leave it as it is then.

My opinion, use the actual codes and not the toggles. The toggles are a best attempt at helping, but not always correct.

Back