• Register Today It's free!

Forum help

JoshT

Reaction score
City, State
Middle Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ranger
Since there isn't a forum help section, I assume this is the right place to post.

I'm not exactly a new member, but I've never exactly been an active memeber either. Things have changed a lot on the forum and forum software over the years and I haven't been around to learn, adapt or adjust to it. I'm having a few issues with the current software.

First issue, if it is an issue. I have got a question about layout of certain subforums. In many it's a normal thread list like what I'm used to and like, others have more of a tiled view that I don't care for. I'm not asking for the forum to change anything, but are there any settings that I can change on my end to make the all display in the list view?

IE: For me the "Modified 1999-2001 Explorers" forum displays in the list view. The "Tires & Wheels" forum displays in the tiled view.

Oh, I primarily use chrome browser on PC FWIW, don;t know if that would make a difference.

The second issue I'm having is related to the "Elite Explorer Registry". Maybe other places, but I just now encountered it there. In the pinned welcome thread in that section it says that "ALL Members can Reply to a thread in this forum." I would like to post a reply to Fix4Dirt's thread, but it will not give me the option to reply. It says at the bottom of the page that I "have insufficient privileges to reply" there.

Fix4Dirt

Get a Load O' This Guy!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 XLT 4x4
Since there isn't a forum help section, I assume this is the right place to post.

I'm not exactly a new member, but I've never exactly been an active memeber either. Things have changed a lot on the forum and forum software over the years and I haven't been around to learn, adapt or adjust to it. I'm having a few issues with the current software.

First issue, if it is an issue. I have got a question about layout of certain subforums. In many it's a normal thread list like what I'm used to and like, others have more of a tiled view that I don't care for. I'm not asking for the forum to change anything, but are there any settings that I can change on my end to make the all display in the list view?

IE: For me the "Modified 1999-2001 Explorers" forum displays in the list view. The "Tires & Wheels" forum displays in the tiled view.

Oh, I primarily use chrome browser on PC FWIW, don;t know if that would make a difference.

The second issue I'm having is related to the "Elite Explorer Registry". Maybe other places, but I just now encountered it there. In the pinned welcome thread in that section it says that "ALL Members can Reply to a thread in this forum." I would like to post a reply to Fix4Dirt's thread, but it will not give me the option to reply. It says at the bottom of the page that I "have insufficient privileges to reply" there.
im not aware of a way to change it. i think that the list view is used to keep the look more compact, but in subforums such as the registries tile is used so you can see a picture of the rig item etc. and thats interesting, heard that from another! il send ya a pm

@Rick

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
Sorry there is no way to change the views from your end. I think Fix4Dirt described the reason for it well.