Forward Air

SteveVB

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Gaithersburg, Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Rubicon w/stuff
I just wanted to put this up for anyone considering shipping heavy or bulky items.
Forward Air has great rates for big items- I sent 298 lbs on one pallet filled with a disc brake 8.8, a round tube hitch and a couple of brake cables for $80 from Dulles Int to the Indy Airport.

If you are close to an airport(the biggest problem I had was making time to get to the airport) and the person who wants the stuff can get to one in their area the rates really cant be beat. I was quoted almost 300 to ship the axle alone with pickup and residential delivery, 220 for drop off by a couple of trucking companies.
The service on my end was spectactular- the girl on the phone who quoted me rates, and put up with my many questions about how the axle and such needed to be secured and packed, the wharehouse workers who unloaded from my truck, and took care of weighing and tagging the pallet, and the woman who took care of the paper work and payment- all were excellent.
The only complaint I could voice is the fact that they dont take anything but a money order or certified check, so after you get weighed and they figure the total you have to go to 7-11 to get a money order. Not really a big deal, 5 minutes on the road.
Good service, Good Rates

I would recommend checking into it if you have big bulky items and the shipper and the reciever are both near an airport.

www.forwardair.com

Maybe BlueOx will add his comments on the recieving end.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I used them to ship a fourwheeler engine. They have great rates.

The pick up at Forward Air is easy I just walk in, show the invoice number, sign a couple papers and show my drivers license. It only took a couple minutes to do it.

They even loaded the pallet for me using a forklift. I just threw some sand bags on the corners so it wouldn't move and I was done.

hahah

I sold a 8.8 from a 95 Explorer to a friend in Cali via Brown frieght..and it cost 160 bucks to ship!

anyway..they declared bankruptcy today..
LOL

-Josh

Thanks for the heads up man..greatly apperciated

another good example

Shipping four tires (no rims) from Salt Lake City to Boston costs $55. TOTAL! What a deal! Money order only, and you don't even need to make an appointment; just show up at the airport.
Call if you want an estimate. the website only gives you motorcylcel estimates. Apparently eBay is the reason this company is taking off. Lots of people shipping motorcycles.
Karl

Back