Found a '97 Explorer EB 4x4 for sale, thoughts?? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Found a '97 Explorer EB 4x4 for sale, thoughts??

I love the Eddie Bauer package!! Its a shame they don't offer that trim level anymore, I believe the only one they still make with the Eddie Bauer package is the Expedition; not 100% sure though. You can probably find an interior for yours, there out there! Just keep an eye out.

Hope so.. I see a lot of striped eb's in wreckers around here :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I ran a Carfax on my new '97 Explorer EB last nignt and WOW!! It shows every single service record done on it since new till the day it was transferred in my name. All oil changes & everything was done at the ford dealer where they bought it. No accidents. So the car has always been maintained and the great thing is; is that the timing chain tensioners/guides were replaced at 15,500 miles. (I'm assuming cause there was a recall on the tensioners/guides back then) So the new tensioners/guides roughly have 15,000 miles on them. And I switched the oil to Valvoline 5w30 high mileage full synthetic a few days ago. This car should last a very long time. I'm so lucky to have found this car and it was everything I wanted in a explorer; if i was buying one new back then this one would have been the one I would have picked out, color & all. The white Eddie Bauers are my favorite!

Stay with the Motorcraft oil.

Here's some more pictures I took today.

2015-06-17%2019.55.08.jpg
2015-06-17%2020.04.04.jpg

Looks good. The second pic looks like a photo from a sales broacher... LOL

Looks good. The second pic looks like a photo from a sales broacher... LOL

Thanks, lol thats what I thought too after I took the Pic. In the 2nd pic the Ex is sitting near the spot where i'm gonna build a house one day; on some family property thats been in the family for generations, since the 1800's

Back