Found a loose bolt | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Found a loose bolt

calb

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 AWD Explorer Limited
I heard a rattling in the passenger door on the driver's side tonight. When I checked it out I found a hex bolt (black, about 1" long and 1/8 diameter) with flange around bolt head. It was in the door pocket/storage area.

Is this just a stray present from Ford, or is there somewhere in the passenger door area that this comes from?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not sure but mine has a similar problem.

My Explorer came with a loose nut behind the wheel.

Lots of loose nuts behind my wheel ... bolts in the passenger area though, not so much till now:)

No way?!? I had one of those in my glove box......wonder what it's from??

Are they license plate bolts/screws?

I heard a rattling in the passenger door on the driver's side tonight. When I checked it out I found a hex bolt (black, about 1" long and 1/8 diameter) with flange around bolt head. It was in the door pocket/storage area.

Is this just a stray present from Ford, or is there somewhere in the passenger door area that this comes from?
calb, with the 2012 being a short model year, they are probably just trying to clear their parts inventory.:D:D

Peter

calb, with the 2012 being a short model year, they are probably just trying to clear their parts inventory.:D:D

Peter

You'd think they'd throw in something a little more interesting ;)

Back