FOUND: Brand New Explorer Bikini Hood Cover (OEM FORD) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

FOUND: Brand New Explorer Bikini Hood Cover (OEM FORD)

MuscleJunkie

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Ford Explorer LTD AWD

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I swear it seems like you're pimping your forum. Like the other thread about the mag article. If you are, please stop.

As we told the MOD before, if you want to put the picture directly here in the post - there is no problem with that.

ya, I dont get what you two are talking about, but the product is
gay2.gif

ya, I dont get what you two are talking about, but the product is
gay2.gif

Yeah, I know front end covers are not everyone's cup of tea. I don't really ldon't understand people who keep them on the front of their cars/trucks all the time. I just wanted to pick this up so I had it after the exterior was done so it could be used only on road trips and such. They really do work and save against rocks being thrown up by semi trucks, etc.

As we told the MOD before, if you want to put the picture directly here in the post - there is no problem with that.

Like this?

attachpicphpbq5.jpg

not that hard

Looks like a thong for an elephant:eek:

Looks like a thong for an elephant:eek:

Scuffs the hell out of the hood also because there is really no way to get it completely tight. It rubs in the "thong" section and hazes the clear, especially during freeway driving when the turbulence gets real bad.

Now let me ask do you actually have this? cause if it's from a website that claims they sell it, they likely do not. I've found this happens a lot of 1st gens. A website advertises they have it & they do not cause they are not made anymore.

"that is just fugly."

Funny, as I was scrolling through this thread, that is the EXACT word that popped into my head...

That picture (and movie) are just completely wrong...

Mike

Now let me ask do you actually have this? cause if it's from a website that claims they sell it, they likely do not. I've found this happens a lot of 1st gens. A website advertises they have it & they do not cause they are not made anymore.

Yes, just recieved it yesterday. This is a genuine old stock ford item that was from a dealership that closed up

"that is just fugly."

Funny, as I was scrolling through this thread, that is the EXACT word that popped into my head...

That picture (and movie) are just completely wrong...

Mike

Oh, I agree. I do not like bra's/front end covers on cars - but they are great for road trips. I put one on my track car when I go up to Virginia or out to Bowling Green, Kentucky and it has saved the paint. Once the paint is done on the Explorer, this hopefully will do the same. I just was glad that I was able to find an original ford part. It even has the Explorer Logo on the front right corner.

But I would never drive around town with the thing on.

I have always said; "if cars/trucks were meant to need a bra they would have metal ***** on them." Eww, I would not be caught dead driving anywhere with THAT on my X !..............to each his own thing tho'.

Back