four link question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

four link question

well i am now looking to go to solid axles because my front has to be replaced due to a car accident. i was talking to a freind today and we were discussing on doing a four link set up on coils. has anyone done this on a explorer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thanks i have been lookin ill have tl look into ricks and i dont know who fakrwee is

i was looking at ricks and he is four linked in the front but im thinking of doing it in the rear

Burns said:
i was looking at ricks and he is four linked in the front but im thinking of doing it in the rear
Aaahhh. Nobody yet. Justin McNeil is 3 link int he rear.

was he the one that had the yellow one that was fliped end over end

A correctly built linked system will be safer than your truck is right now. With the geometry and anti-squat calculated right, in a fast turn, you should break the rear tires loose before it even thinks about rolling. Another thing about linking the rear is that you'll probably need to lose a lot of the cargo area to make it worth it.

you will end up having to move ALOT in order to 4 link the rear. Gas tank will need to go, as will a few of the crossmembers. (at least in a second gen, not sure about a first). It would be SWEET...but be prepared to put some serious knife work on the truck. Good luck, pave the way for us all ;)

the gas tank would be the killer i just have not seen it done and i think i want to try it but i want it back so bad. i have not touched it in two weeks. it will take me about four weeks just to do the sas conversion. but i will be four linked with in the next two years. after sas i will do my gears and then ill do four link in the rear

ok in order to not have to move the tank can i use a reverse four link set up

Back