Fox 2.5 Air Shocks(opinions wanted) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fox 2.5 Air Shocks(opinions wanted)

Joe93

Elite Dakota
Reaction score
City, State
Colorado Springs, CO
What are your opinions on these? Or something of the same sort. Read some info over on POR. Thinking about doin something other then coils on the explorer 44 swap. Thinking about these. little cheaper then coilovers right?. Also read some info on running coilovers with the ford radius arms instead of a 4 link. Didn't really find anything bad said about that setup. I like that Idea. So would these work with some extended arms? Have an idea for a mount on the arms. Just thinking right now and wanted opinions from you guys that know more about this then I do. here are a couple links.

FOX 2.5 AIR SHOCK

POR write up

Airshocks or coilovers work great with radius arms. The airshocks are quite a bit cheaper than coilovers (at least the ones i priced were). Just remember that the shock mount will be supporting the weight of the vehicle, so it needs to be beef. Alot of guys build an engine cage for this setup, or you could build standard shock hoops and make a removable brace that goes over the top of the engine.

Back