• Register Today It's free!

FPS Power window issue...

eckerd_explorer

Reaction score
City, State
St. Petersburg Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT 30" XTR's
Hey guys, I've got a tricky one for yu. Recently I've been having power issues with my front passenger side power window. The window was stuck in the down position, I tore the door panel off to access the motor (no controls from the driver side master or passenger controls). I got the motor out and jumped it from the battery and passenger control switch and this is what I've found...

1. The motor does not work at all from the driver side control
2. The motor only works when pushing the down control on the passenger side
3. If I switch the wires on the motor with the wires coming from the door the motor will operate in the up position and not the down position.

All said and done the only switch that works is the down control on the passenger side control....

Any ideas!

Thanks

It sounds like a switch or a wire not being connected fully. Can you check some more? Check for ground at each of the four wires at each switch, they should all be grounded with no switch touched. If they test as ground normally, then try a different right switch. It sounds like the main switch panel, that can affect everything.

The switches disconnect one motor wire from ground, and apply power to the other wire.

Back