Frame measurements

Dre

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Chicago
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 FPIU
Before I start axle swap on my 92 EB I need front frame numbers to see if my frame is still within "normal" tolerances...

I need to know:
distance between frame rails at the very front (where bumper attaches);
distance between frame rails where radius arm brackets are attached to the frame;
distance between frame rails right under the transmission support bracket;

picture of the inner fender (to see where exhaust manifold is in relation to the frame).

any help would be appreciated. :exp:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:rolleyes: btt

nobody?

can someone get under there with a tape measure and giveme some numbers?

I can try tomorrow Dre but I'll be gone for a good portion of the day so it may be late afternoon before I can get any info back to you. :(

I really need those numbers for the weekend. I should be able to finish taking front end apart. Need to start the engine to make sure it works good.

thanks,

Dre said:
Before I start axle swap on my 92 EB I need front frame numbers to see if my frame is still within "normal" tolerances...

I need to know:
distance between frame rails where radius arm brackets are attached to the frame;
distance between frame rails right under the transmission support bracket;

picture of the inner fender (to see where exhaust manifold is in relation to the frame).

any help would be appreciated. :exp:

It would probably be best if you can get at least one more person to measure to get some type of average between the two.

I expected my wife back home while it was still light out but she stopped to see her mom so if you can wait until tomorrow morning I will re-measure everything on her truck and I'll take some pictures. That way you can see if there are any discrepancies.

Distance between front frame rail snout I got 29 3/4" outside measurement 24 1/2" inside measurement......you really want another measurement here Dre because after running a centerline on my truck for my bumper and anti-sway bar something isn't quite right on the passenger side frame rail.

Distance of frame at tranny crossmember outside was 30 3/4" I didn't take an inside measurement. I'll get it tomorrow morning.

The radius arms I have are extended skyjacker and for some reason I was thinking you wanted the distance between them so I got the centerline of radius arms from bolt center to bolt center of 27 1/4" so I'll get back to you tomorrow morning with the measurements of the frame rails you asked for in the stock radius arm location.

Is tomorrow to late? Sorry about that.

I hope this helps...
25 1/8" (right behind bumper as close as possible with removing bumper - I have a brush guard = PITA to remove)
distance between frame rails where radius arm brackets are attached to the frame
I took two measurements about an 1" in front and 2" behind the lower RA Bracket holes because the exhaust was in the way (both=24") distance between frame rails right under the transmission support bracket;
26" (where the Skyjacker support bar is now)
Sorry my digital camera charger is MIA

that should be fine... thanks a lot for you help. Picture is not that important. I'll just sneek-up on someone elses truck and look inside the fenderwell.

Waiting now to see if I'm gonna stick with stock suspension and axle or convert to straight axle...

I need to buy front end anyway so might as well... ;)

thanks guys... frame is way off... not too much as far as the width goes but is pushed in about 3/4 of an inch on the pass side.

Truck would not track straight...

I'm scraping it and looking for another one... still have that engine, tranny and more stuff to fix whatever I decide to get.

thanks again... :thumbsup:

Back