Glacier991

EF Tranny Guru
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Sacramento, CA 95827
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT
I was chatting with someone today about my plans to assemble a "Frankentranny" (5R guts in an A4LD). He said it would be cool if a number of folks were interested in doing one, and we could all do it in phases, so everyone knew where to get parts, maybe in some ways save on group purchases etc. At first I thought it was a nutty idea..... then....I thought... it might be kind of fun. I know of several folks who want to build a Frankentranny...

I have assembled ALL the parts for mine. I just have some case work to do before I assemble it.... well that and a few small parts here and there....

I'd like to do this starting in March or April, maybe spread it over a couple months time for folks to get the parts together....

So, is this a crazy idea? Or maybe a great way to walk through the 'build' all together, sharing ideas and fixing problems along the way with others in the same boat? It would be the "no tranny builder left behind" group. If someone got snagged we could help then get back in step. What a better way is there to engage is something so many find daunting?

I'd like to have at least 3 or 4 others join in. ( have tool sets for that many but we can share and take a little longer if need be for swapping tools if we can get more folks).

Oh and, I found a "great" buy for the entire main guts of the 5R55.... so we'd be off to a good start.

Tell me what you think. And "You're truly nuts Glacier" is an acceptable (sigh)answer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It looks like this discussion ended pretty quick. Too bad, cuz it sounds like a great idea. I'd be into it if it ever gets started in the NW.

It looks like this discussion ended pretty quick. Too bad, cuz it sounds like a great idea. I'd be into it if it ever gets started in the NW.

Quick?? Seven years to die........... imp

Quick?? Seven years to die........... imp

Technically its been dead since 02-25-2006, 01:08 AM...

It took 7 years to resurrect.

I'm interested too... LOL.

Back