Free Enclosure Designs | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Free Enclosure Designs

The max width is 42", Height I would like to keep under 16", and for the depth it would be nice if it was under 12" but that means that unlike the other members box the sub(s) would have to be mounted on the vertical face...not sure if that means you can't do it or what...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

that is about 3.6 cu ft gross...Kinda of small but I'll see if I can make something fit.

What enclosure are they in now??

They are in a sealed box that is baiscally square...except the back is slanted approx 15% to match the back of my back seat...like I said it was built to be small...

Would it be possible to only do a box for one sub, with demensions similar or smaller?

There is enough room to do a nice ported enclosure for one sub.

I am getting my paypal account set up...should be ready in about 5 days or less.

BTW, thanks for putting up the designs for that one box. Hopefully I can get to building it over spring break!

Quick question...what do you think would sound better in it, an older rockford 300 watts(acoustic sub), or a pyle 1400 watt whatever? I am thinking the pyle would sound better over all, but you seem to know more about these things than me. I'm not sure of the model number on the rockford, but I think it is a RFS-1815 or something like that:scratch: (it might be the RFS-1415) The pyle is a 1590BL.

Thanks!

I'm sure the better quality Rockford will sound better. Pyle is a pretty crappy brand.

I'd suggest go ahead and build it. Then see which subwoofer you think sounds the better to you. It will only take a couple minutes to take out some screws and rewire another sub in there.

Here are the original plans

Box2.jpg

BillsBox.jpg
i was wondering if i could put 2 of those ma audios in that box or would i need a bigger box

you could if you wanted to...it would be peaky but loud as hell

Box

Hey aznboi3644, if your not too busy do you think you could draw me up a box plan for a single 12" either Alpine Type R or JL W3 (depending on which you think would sound better) ? Clear bass is my preference and the more compact the better.

If you have time to do this for me I'd really appreciate it man.
-Thanks

hey aznboi3644 i got one you can design if your bored. i have two mtx 9500 15's (9515-44) that are gonna go in my exploder. i've already had these woofers in 3 vehicles with 3 totally different box's that i designed and built. all of them sounded great and were loud, but i allways want more. so if you feel like takin a crack at it i'd appreciate it :) i don't really need exact measurements, just a total internal volume, port area/length, tuning freq. etc.

if it helps, heres the previous box's i used:
1st - 8.166 cu.ft. w/ 56 sq. in. port 25 in. long. this box did 145db at 38hz in my '00 jimmy
2nd - (this was only for 1 sub) 4.802 cu. ft. w/ 40 sq. in. port 20 in. long. this one did 143db at 40hz in my mazda b2200 single cab with a bed cut
3rd - (went crazy with this one) 16.96 cu. ft. w/ 150 sq. in. port 13.75 in. long. this only did 143db, but at 33hz. in my '88 s10 blazer. can you say tuned low :D

the box i have in my head for the explorer is exactly like the 2nd box but doubled.

here we go...

That is a center console like box. I thought you said you wanted one to beneath the seats??

It wouldn't cost that much

What size would fit under the back seat for an 8" sub? Let me know, that's what I would need. Thanks!

sub

hey i have a audiobahn awt15x and the enclosure i have it in now wasnt made for a driver that displaces so much cu. ft. my ex is in the paint shop right now so i cant really measure for 2 weeks, but no cargo space is needed. preferrably driver firing up with the port to the rear of the vehicle. So however much room a 02 explorer sport has in the cargo area, im mostly looking for DEEP bass, the box it has now is tuned high or something because an 808 drum kick throws my mountain dew around, and a high bass note hurts my ears, then it moves to a low note and its not very loud imo, the port is FULL of air anyways, if you could gimme some thoughts itd be appreciated want something to hit hard and low. itll be powered by a crunch ground pounder gp3000-d pro which is 3000W RMS@1ohm

oh actually i would prefer if the box did not stick above the back seat so level with that would be nice. thanks man

hey, im planning on making a box like justin146 showed in the pics of sub boxs topic ( http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29542&stc=1&d=1134359065 ) except with only two 10's instead of four. I still want it to go the with of the car bu just have like two storage area type things were ill put the amp on one side and idk what on the other. the height would be like 15.5" and would want depth to be a small as would work with the 10's. So i pretty much would like to know what the best dimensions for a box for two 10's mounted on the top of the box with a height of 16". I drew a really crappy picture of what i plan if it helps at all.
CIMG08252.jpg

thanks for any help
-Matt

don't think I have forgotten about you guys...i'm a little busy at this point in time

Hey aznboi3644, if your not too busy do you think you could draw me up a box plan for a single 12" either Alpine Type R or JL W3 (depending on which you think would sound better) ? Clear bass is my preference and the more compact the better.

If you have time to do this for me I'd really appreciate it man.
-Thanks

I need to know your max dimensions, amplifier power you have, and what do you want out of the enclosure

hey i have a audiobahn awt15x and the enclosure i have it in now wasnt made for a driver that displaces so much cu. ft. my ex is in the paint shop right now so i cant really measure for 2 weeks, but no cargo space is needed. preferrably driver firing up with the port to the rear of the vehicle. So however much room a 02 explorer sport has in the cargo area, im mostly looking for DEEP bass, the box it has now is tuned high or something because an 808 drum kick throws my mountain dew around, and a high bass note hurts my ears, then it moves to a low note and its not very loud imo, the port is FULL of air anyways, if you could gimme some thoughts itd be appreciated want something to hit hard and low. itll be powered by a crunch ground pounder gp3000-d pro which is 3000W RMS@1ohm

oh actually i would prefer if the box did not stick above the back seat so level with that would be nice. thanks man

Model number of sub...T/S parameters if you can get them...max dimensions.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've been really busy with school and things aren't going very well for me right now...I haven't had much drive to do much designing lately.

What specifically are you wanting though??

Back