• Register Today It's free!

Fresh snow, Fresh rubber

TheGTkid

Reaction score
City, State
Jackson, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer XLT
So today it snowed enough for the snow to stick here in Jacknasty, The Mitten (Jackson, Michigan) It is nice and slick, great for some donuts, whips, and sliding too much for your brakes to handle, beside the point...
Last night some fresh rubber came in for the explorer
My explorer as you may know is called the Adventure Wagon, and she has been outfitted with some 265/75-16 General Grabber AT2 tires all the way around
The old tires would have been a drag today... No traction would have got me into a ditch with no help around for sure. The new ones, man, those babies hook up
drives like a dream
cant get over it
Put 40 miles on them today, no problems
Ill post up some pics later for all to see!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

-0ECF-44ED-B409-7D895792A873-9241-00000BF70AE6F170.jpg

better pics to come!

I wish I didn't have the flu, it would be a good time to make sure my awd is working properly before we get a big snow.

do those 265/75-16 fit stock with no trimming?

No trim at all man! fits like a dream...
no rub
anywhere
lock-lock you can accelerate and not rub

-7C6B-4E79-80F0-A4E00A8EFBDD-9992-00000D172A07E3A9.jpg

heres a more recent and better view/quality pic

Arent you lucky, we didnt get anywhere near enough for it to stick over here in Battle Creek

I got a couple at2's for my old grand cherokee and i loved them. Right after i got them they all went on back order so i couldn't get the other two, but I have been checking them out as an option for my mounty. I am kicking around the idea of getting the at2's, bfg a/t's, or cooper stt's

Well you can slam some 265/75's under a 3rd gen, incase youre wondering... No rub anywhere in the wheel
and my do these things handle better than the contitracs that were on it before
the conti's used to wander everywhere on the road, and if the wind blew.. my my you were in for a good time correcting the steering
these new tires, no problems
I love to hit puddles as I drive, and there is one that is usually fairly large, about 5 inches deep every time it rains
the conti's would literally almost get tugged to the ditch by this puddle, the generals, boy they are smooth through it and there is no problems, no tugs/pulls
overall, i am loving these tires!
and the guy who installed the tires couldnt get over the fact that I paid $4g for this explorer, he said its cherry and said I need to keep it in good shape so I can sell it to him here in a few years lol

Arent you lucky, we didnt get anywhere near enough for it to stick over here in Battle Creek

I aint far from ya, in in parma about 35 minutes east or so, we need to do some gigs in the spring man
Maybe we can do a Bundy run and get Kazer invited!

That size tire looks nice. I think I will get some larger AT's for the summer. As for winter handling, skinny is always better.

Back