FROADER's 1991 Eddie | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

FROADER's 1991 Eddie

Stic-o said:
Did you get the ABS sensor fixed?
Not yet. I'll grab one this week and swap it.

It has been FROADERized with black paint...

IMG_1352.jpg
IMG_1353.jpg
IMG_1355.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So it's Ultra Flat Black then:D
Not quite Ultra flat this time. That worked ok for a trail rig (that I didn't really wash), but got dirty way too quick. This is satin... :)

The satin black looks great!! What brand paint did you use?

Thanks!

I needed to get new rear wheel cylinders, shoes and drums and now it stops like it's supposed to.

I think I'm done painting, now. I got the other side and the front done so it's all black and white.

IMG_1393.jpg
IMG_1394.JPG
IMG_1399.jpg
IMG_1401.jpg
IMG_1403.jpg
IMG_1405.jpg

Rustoleum doesn't sell there trim and bumper paint in Canada... Do you know of any good alternatives? I love your paint job.

Looks great! I'm curious, how did you prep for the paint?

Rustoleum doesn't sell there trim and bumper paint in Canada... Do you know of any good alternatives? I love your paint job.
I used Krylon Fusion on my last rig, with good results.

Looks great! I'm curious, how did you prep for the paint?
Thanks. I just used a scotch bright pad to scuff everything up, cleaned it off and went for it with 4 light coats. That's how I did my last rig, too.

New radius arm bushing and shocks today. No more clunking and less vibrations. :)

Photo to compare what I'm guessing are the original '91 bushings and the new ones.

RA_bushings.jpg

Wow that old bushing sure was a mess!

Man, those are toast!
Lots of work to get to them too. Good times.

Wow that old bushing sure was a mess!

I forgot I took this pic (driver's side), but there is about 1/4" between the mount and the bushing. This is before I loosened the nut! Both sides looked the same.

RA_bushing_1.jpg

Wow!! Look killer!

Not sure if your ready but thought I would give you first dibs on my Hankook's off my Ranger. I'll give you a killer deal on them, but you's need to find some new wheels.:( There LT265/65/17 (30.5") Hankook Dynopro ATM's. Ordering 33's.

I appreciate that Steve, but I’m not ready for tires just yet. This thing is costing me way too much money. It’s a POS...

Sorry to hear you got a lemon:(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back