FROADER's 2010 XLT | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

FROADER's 2010 XLT

The wife and I picked this up last night. We traded in the F-150 for a more practical family car and something that Michelle would be comfortable driving (I drive her 4cyl Camry to work [40mi. one way] every day). The truck was just too big for her. The crazy thing is having a monthly payment of $180/mo is going to save me money (gas, insurance) from owning the F-150 outright.

SPECS:
Bone stock 2010 XLT
black/black & tan
4.0 - (I wanted the v8 but I'm happy with the 6)
4x4
Brand new Kumho Adventurers.
3rd row seats

The mods will be on hold for quite a while except I'm going to take the emblems off the back.

DSC_0564.jpg

DSC_0560.jpg

Wesley already has more stuff in it than either of us.

DSC_0559.jpg

DSC_0557.jpg

Attachments

• Door_Sticker.jpg
    Door_Sticker.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 1,077

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

It's definitely not as clean as a dedicated boxed sub, but I can get it pretty close since it has an adjustable cross-over built in. It's under the back seats, so it's out of sight, out of mind and does the job I wanted it to do. I have a 12" in a box that I could have put in, but I didn't want to lose the cargo space and with the baby seat in there, I don't have the room to move it around like I used to. This way, I don't have to remove it for any reason.

Does you Explorer have the steering wheel controls and if so was it a pain to get them to work together with the new head unit?

It does have the steering wheel controls, but I didn't hook them up. They were hooked up on my F150, but the wiring is just a little different so they didn't work on this. It should be as easy as buying the wiring harness and hooking it up.

Looks like a cool system you put together, I wouldn't mind upgrading the one in my DD but it actually sounds pretty decent.
I'm just now working on putting the stereo back in the Ranger:rolleyes: Took everything out when I built the cage...getting tired of listening to cab noises when driving out on wheelin' trips.

It does look good. How do you like the exhaust tone?
Eh... Low RPM it sounds good, but anything above 2500 and it's ricey... Might swap it out for a Dynomax super turbo like I had on the 92.

When are you going to come out and fun with us again? You could sneek away for a day. TDS is in 2 weeks. ;)

...I like it..:biggthump

I miss getting out there so much. I'll see what I can do for TDS.

Should I swing by and pick you up early Saturday morning?:D Just day run;)

Looking forward to seeing the new project.

You finally going to build the 8 passenger race van?
Unfortunately no race van (that would still be so awesome), but it's going to be an mild adventure camping type of rig. Keeping it 2wd, lifting it 4" with 33s and getting a selectable locker. then building out the interior to suit my needs.

I'm actually going to Truckhaven next weekend to take my son to try his new motorcycle.

CJI_9578_zps7g0lunkv.jpg

Looking forward to seeing the new project.
Thanks, Rick. If I can make it, I'll be at TH for the MLK run.

Back