• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

From Ford Lightning, to Subaru WRX, to Ford Explorer

Zohli

Reaction score
City, State
Kansas City, Kansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited
Hello everyone! I tend to go by Zohli online whether it be gaming/forums/social media/etc.

First car I owned was a 99 Ford Lightning while I was in highschool (horrible choice for a first car, might I add...) I drove the shit out of that car until the motor blew 3/4 years later due to a bad headgasket.

I traded the lightning in and purchased a 2013 Subaru WRX and owned that for under a year before the motor spun a bearing under warranty (only 60k miles) went through a nightmare getting it fixed, then I got the car back after 2 months and the replacement motor started showing the same symptoms! Carmax gave me all my money back for my car towards the purchase of a new car.

So I bought a 2011 Explorer Limited (4WD) and haven't really looked back since that day. I do miss being fast, but it's a really nice car so I can't complain. I have had the Explorer for a little over a month now and have just been loving it every day. I work at BMW and had our Alloy Wheel Repair guy do my wheels gloss black, and they look pretty sick. That's my only mod so far, but I've got a bit of a to-do list so I'll be posting updates as time goes on.

Look forward to chatting with you all, happy to be here!

IMG_3144.JPG

IMG_0060.JPG

AlloyWheelFinish.JPG

Josh P

Shaggin Wagon
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix Az
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 aerostar
The lightning was a cool truck in it's day. Welcome to the forum.

96firephoenix

Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer XLT
Welcome aboard!

The lightning was a cool truck in it's day. Welcome to the forum.
In its day? I saw one yesterday and it was still pretty cool.