• Register Today It's free!

From Kauai, Hawaii

Monarella

Reaction score
City, State
Kauai, Hawaii
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer Sport
Hi All. This will be my first FORD.....ever lol. Been a Chevy girl all my life but something about the Explorer caught my eye this year.

Explorer is scheduled to be built today in MI and am just curious if anyone knows how they transport/ship to the west coast before barging it over to Honolulu.

I used a dealer on Oahu because the one on Kauai, where I live, was jerking me around so I will have to fly to Oahu to preview the car when it arrives there and then they will need to barge it over to Kauai.

Crystal was helpful in getting me my VIN, build date and estimated delivery date, but I just wanted to ask anyone out there for input from their own experiences.

Mahalo!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I can't answer any of your questions, all I got is howzit, welcome to the forum, and look for me on the highway! :wavey:

Shoots! Lol. Live Kekaha but work Lihue so bound to pass you a few hundred times, right? Hahaha. 6 week minimum shipping wait is gonna make me mental. Then gotta wait till they ship from Oahu. Pray for good seas!

Was stuck in the first one but enjoyed the view. Sort of. Wish they hadnt started growing trees before the cut in the mountain. Used enjoy the mountains. Left early and missed the one this week

You know local style....we no like bother people lol. I think its gonna be trucked but who knows. Just gotta be a little patient. Hopefully gas prices go down by the time it arrives lol

Actually saw you this morning lol. You passed me in front of Kukui Grove headed east. Have a great day!

Aloha..Been a long time since I was on Kauai. I used to live in Kapaa. I google earthed my old street, Ahi Ahi, and the house we rented in is still there. I left after Iniki and haven't been back. I have lots of family on Oahu. I was born in SoCal and I guess that's where I'm most happy. I get rock fever. I DO miss the mountain biking in Kauai though.

Actually saw you this morning lol. You passed me in front of Kukui Grove headed east. Have a great day!
Hard to my my truck, huh? Even if you honked, I would've had no clue!

Did you find out when you get your new Ex?

Back