From stock to ???? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

From stock to ????

Well Im getting there with my 96, where it is I dont know but its getting there :dunno: Its still hard to believe it only has 50,6XX miles currently and its a 96. Bumper, hood and fender flares will all be painted soon.

Before

1011.jpg

1007.jpg

Picture028-1.jpg

After

Explorer036.jpg

Explorer037.jpg

Explorer038.jpg

Explorer039.jpg

Explorer040.jpg

Explorer041.jpg

Picture031.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Diggin those wheels, the 99+ bumper, and an overall very clean X :thumbsup:
I'm also digging that horse who thinks he/she is cool enough to be in pictures :wtf:

Thanks man, it handles so much different with the drop. But the damn front bottoms out on big bumps, need to trim the bump stops and get new shocks all around. I also want some explorer express sway bars.

And he was hanging around by the fence when I stopped haha

Ive also heard the 5 speeds are hard to find. Is that true?

That is true!
Explorers with manual transmissions are a rarity.

Didnt know that. Only thing I wish it had was the 5.0.

Odometer when I first got it.

Picture033.jpg

Hoping to get a double din in there soon.

Picture034.jpg

Wow, I'm loving that whip! and IZWack, what do you by the 99 bumpers? The 99 ones are colored but the same concept, no? I'll be painting mines also during the winter but I have no idea. (mine 97X pictures in the link on the signature)
and those rims give it a new lively look!!! it's a brand new car!!!! ;)

Edit: Where did you get the escape V6 logo and are those the escape rims also???/

I mean he swapped out his 96 bumper for the 99+ (probably from a limited 99+ ?) -- the fog lights give it away.

I mean he swapped out his 96 bumper for the 99+ (probably from a limited 99+ ?) -- the fog lights give it away.

oh thats right, the 95-97 models are rectangular shape while the 98-01 models have circular ones. didn't know that was possible... everything fits in same place?
I'll go check out a junk yard this monday, I want/need a Mesh and those window rain guards. heh, not to hijack the thread but a friend has a 93 X and has those window raid guards, do you think it will fit on my 97? and plus since he is getting rid of his X (perfect cond, except some mechanical failures), should I strip some of the useful parts and keep just in case?

Wow, I'm loving that whip! and IZWack, what do you by the 99 bumpers? The 99 ones are colored but the same concept, no? I'll be painting mines also during the winter but I have no idea. (mine 97X pictures in the link on the signature)
and those rims give it a new lively look!!! it's a brand new car!!!! ;)

Edit: Where did you get the escape V6 logo and are those the escape rims also???/

You can order the badges online pretty cheaply, the wheels came off of a 3rd gen explorer, probably a limited or eddie bauer.

You can order the badges online pretty cheaply, the wheels came off of a 3rd gen explorer, probably a limited or eddie bauer.

I got my badges off a wrecked escape at work, and your correct about the wheels.

What did you do with the stock wheels? Would you be willing to sell them?

nice explorer u got there u plan on doing other stuff to it

and ur x has hella low miles too so does my 01 sport i got 72,000 when i bought it had only 12,078 miles on it.

Ive got some other things I want to do. I painted the calipers today, red of course.

i'd put a 98+ hatch/ tail lights on it. personally.. i just dont like the older boxier ones and i think the new ones swap right over

i'd put a 98+ hatch/ tail lights on it. personally.. i just dont like the older boxier ones and i think the new ones swap right over

Ive got a thread asking if it does. Im rather sure it will so Im keeping an eye out for the door.

im partial to black since i own a black X.
I want black bumpers now that looks so good. I painted the plastic but havent done anything with the chrome, would like to go with an EE bumper.

Looks good though

Todays mods...its very dirty just since yesterdays pics but it is a DD also. New rear tires to match the fronts next week.

Explorer042.jpg

Explorer043.jpg

Explorer044.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think next up is clear headlights with a projector retro fit and HIDs.

Back