From Warrior/Twist to Real deal | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

From Warrior/Twist to Real deal

I don't have any stock pictures, but everyone knows what they look like then.

The first one is with the twist, warrior shackles and 31"x10.5" Dunlops. The following picture is with a custom suspension lift and 33"x10.5" BFGs

View

View

[Edited by felsmann on 10-15-2000 at 03:24 PM]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is so cool.

Felsmann, what gearing did you go to for those tires? I read your write up on the shop work you had. Any problems since the install? Truck looks great!

Bob

PS Did you get rid of your old tires and rims?

I still have 3.73 and I took it out this weekend with great results!! I don't think I'll upgrade, since I do a lot of street driving and I don't want my mileadge to go to hell!

The only problems you'll run into is the front shaft. The original wont even fit. So I spent $400 on a new one, and it works great!

Looks real nice and clean, I really like those rims, also.

Looks great, Felsmann!

Did you do the custom work yourself of have a body shop help you out? I'm curious because if Trailmaster doesn't come out with their kit soon, I might try to have some shop take a whack at it.
I like the rims too! I was looking at a whole slew of them today, but I like the ones on your truck the best :)

T-Bone

That's nice!!!

DEAR felsmann,

That is a sweet ride, that is exactly what i want, Do you think that with a 4 inch in the front and a 4 inch in the back i will be able to fit 33x12.5 BFG's on it, How did the the ride quality change after the lift, DO you have a lot of body roll? DO think that it is a lot more dangerous for a daily driver, but also off-road vehicle? please help. I need your advice
Thanks PDOG

*drool*

*gasp*....after seeing that thing for the first time, i think i need a smoke.....hehehe.....

PDOG,
It rides better than stock, with Rancho RS9000's I can adjust the shock to the setting I want. I drive a lot on freeway and streets, it's part of my job, so believe me this thing is very streetable. Not top heavy, nor tippy at all, it sounds too good to be true, but it is!!

I love it!!

Nice rims I have 17x8" silver pythons on my xploder.

PDOG, 33x12.5" fit OK, I tested them at the tire shop, but I liked the look of the 10.5" better. Especially because my rims had a 19mm off set, so the 10.5" are even with the body and the 12.5" stuck out a bit.

Back