) front axle Explorer 1994

baphomet666

Reaction score
City, State
Bordeaux,FRANCE
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer.1994. 4WD
:wavey:Hello with all

when I roll with my:exp: Explorer my front axle it made noises very unpleasant a little as the teeth which squea I think that in fact the Bushings are very old, but on the other hand I do not know which is needed that I changes, can you say to me please. I do not manage to find a handbook of repair to explore 1994, if somebody of you at a sight écclate of the front axle in that would help me much.
Or to say to me which are Bushings that it is necessary me to replace

:mad:Quite sorry for my English but I am French and I use the translator of the Internet

Kind regards for all
Dominik

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

maybe if you repost in french, it might be easier to understand, internet translators don't work well. peut-être si vous reposter en français, il pourrait être plus facile à comprendre, les traducteurs internet ne fonctionnent pas bien.

What noise is it making? quel bruit cela fait-il?

the noise is constant or only when you go over bumps? est ce bruit constant ou seulement pendant que vous allez sur les bosses?

Bruit train avant

Hello thank you find

When I ride on the road or also in the roads muddy sounds of my front axle, I think it is silenblocs rubber have become old
but I is not manual repair with the photo before front axle to watch the parts I need to replace.
if you have this for me or tell me what I must replace
MY Front Axle on my Explorer is a DANA 35

in french
quand je roule avec mon :exp: Eplorer j'ai toujours des bruits dans le train avant sur la route ou dans les chemins.
ces bruits ressemble à des grincements je pense que ce sont les silenblocs en caoutchouc qui sont usés mais je ne pas de vue d'un train avant et je ne sais pas ce qu'il me faut changer

I hope that you will be able to make a translation for better including/understanding my problem

"I am French and I tell you a very large thank you with all for your assistance and excuse my for my English"
Dominik

help help

Hello everyone,

There is nobody to advise me please?????? And please what is someone among you has already changed the wheel bearings front and rear on a explorer 1994???

if so I would have a great need for information

================================

"I am French and I tell you a very large thank you with all for your assistance and excuse mi for my English"
Dominik

are you talking about the radius arms? they are the beams that connect the front axle to the cross member under the transmission.

The front wheel bearings are not difficult. Remember to use a small magnet to remove the lock key from the axle before you try to turn the axle nut.
The rear wheel bearing is a little different. You have to remove the brakes and backing plate from both sides. remove the differential cover, remove the "C" clips from the axle shafts and pull the axles out of the tubes. It's not hard, but it is intimidating the first time.

The shop manual should have info and pics to guide you.

Although I don't know if haynes made a manual in French.

are you talking about the radius arms? they are the beams that connect the front axle to the cross member under the transmission.

The front wheel bearings are not difficult. Remember to use a small magnet to remove the lock key from the axle before you try to turn the axle nut.
The rear wheel bearing is a little different. You have to remove the brakes and backing plate from both sides. remove the differential cover, remove the "C" clips from the axle shafts and pull the axles out of the tubes. It's not hard, but it is intimidating the first time.

The shop manual should have info and pics to guide you.

Although I don't know if haynes made a manual in French.

:exp:Thank you very much for the information I have a service manual but I do not speak English not very easy for me, and here in FRANCE Ford mechanics do not know about this vehicle
============================

"I am French and I tell you a very large thank you with all for your assistance and excuse mi for my English"
Dominik

I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, I didn't see your response. If the sound you are hearing is squeaking, you should first check the body mounts, also check that everything is greased well. Check the bushings on the radius arms and other components. The sound may also come from parts inside your vehicle.

If the sound is more rhythmic, then check your wheel bearings.

Je suis désolé de ne pas revenir à vous plus tôt, je n'ai pas vu votre réponse. Si le son que vous entendez est grinçant, vous devez d'abord vérifier le corps monte, vérifiez également que tout est bien graissé. Vérifier les bagues sur les bras de rayon et d'autres composants. Le bruit peut aussi provenir de pièces à l'intérieur de votre véhicule.

Si le son est plus rythmique, puis vérifiez vos roulements de roue.

Sorry my french is horrible

I'm still having an issue with the nature of the noise.

Could you be more specific on what kind of sound it makes?

not easy to explain

:wavey: Hello

Thank you very much for yours answers

The Sound It Makes? that sound very much like a squeak! to it very hard when you do not know the correct word,
but to try and explain a little more like a grinding / rustling tooth or as shock absorbers that are all rusty or The Rubber bushing which are now too old on my:exp:
======================

Dominik

is it a squak while moving, or is it a squeak while hitting bumps?

is it a squak while moving,THANK YOU VERY MUCH

===============================

Dominik

Check your brakes, they have wear sensors that will squeak or squeal when the pads are low

thank you very much for your reply it's not the brakes.
I have already made the replacement:

- Front wheel bearing (the four)
- Rear wheel bearing (both)
- The Two front upper ball joints

And of course I control the wear of brakes.

by cons I wonder if this does not come from that. I put the pictures is easier for you to see and tell me whether you agree with me

Tie Rod End Dust Boots Ford Explorer 4WD 1991-2001

Front Sway Bar & Endlink Bushings - Ford Explorer 91-94

Moog Front Suspension Sway Bar Bushing - Rubber, Direct OE replacement

AC Delco Front Suspension, To Frame Sway Bar Bushing

Tie Rod End Dust Boots Ford Explorer 4WD 1991-2001

That is, excuse me for the long post ....... but my Explorer it to 139,188 miles now, so these can be all these pieces that are old by the test of time

Thank you very much
========================

"I am French and I tell you a very large thank you with all !!!!!!! for your assistance, and excuse me for my English"
Dominik

Just to clarify by squeak when moving its a squeak while the vehicle is traveling forward.

all of the bushings you pictures would be more likely to make a noise when going over bumps

OK
Thank you very much
=============================

"I am French and I tell you a very large thank you with all for your assistance and excuse me for my English"
Dominik

a squeak while moving could be the driveshaft needing a new u joint too,
does the noise get faster as you go faster ??
to check the driveshaft , put the rear axle up on stands so the back wheels are off the ground and turn the rear prop shaft by hand and look to see if it is loose,,

hello

I do not think either The driveshaft because wnen I drive faster it makes no more noise
by cons
I'm lying under the truck, and I ask someone to turn the steering wheel to drive to right and from right to left, and I hear the sound of creaking But I do not know where is the noise.
Maybe the Steering Gear Box or the steering rack?? What do you think of that!!

======================

"I am French and I tell you a very large thank you with all for your assistance and excuse me for my English"
Dominik

could be ball joints or tie rod ends

I'll put the truck on jack stands and watch it.

Thank you very much
==============================

Dominik

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

could be ball joints or tie rod ends,it is possible to put pictures of this if you like????
it's a great service from you to me.
Thank you very much
==============================

Dominik

Back