Front Bumper lip? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Front Bumper lip?

FisherNick

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Rav4 V6 4wd
Hello everyone, new here but lurking and reading for a while and really liking the Explorer, but before buying I have a few questions. Is it possible to remove the lip on the front bumper? I feel in any snow accumulation or anything needing a front approach angle that will get destroyed. Its for aerodynamics correct? Also my second question, is the only model that comes with a standard 5 seats instead of the 7 seater the police edition? These are the only 2 things holding me up from buying one probably. Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can't speak about the previous models, but I have a 2016 sport and the bottom plastick lip is very flexible and won't likely break (I've driven over deep snow and snow back the past winter and it's perfectly in tact).
Also, it serves a purpose on the passenger side, as there is a cutout that directs air to air duct that cools the transmission.

None of the civilian models comes with a deleted 3rd row.

Hello everyone, new here but lurking and reading for a while and really liking the Explorer, but before buying I have a few questions. Is it possible to remove the lip on the front bumper? I feel in any snow accumulation or anything needing a front approach angle that will get destroyed. Its for aerodynamics correct? Also my second question, is the only model that comes with a standard 5 seats instead of the 7 seater the police edition? These are the only 2 things holding me up from buying one probably. Thanks!
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
What you are referring to is the Bumper Valance Panel. It is part of the vehicle's aerodynamics and depending on which Explorer trim level you get, it also may have the opening for a cooling air duct as mentioned.

Peter

Thanks for the replies guys. Good to know it has some rigidness to it incase it gets caught on snow. As for the third row, I would just hate for all that wasted space when I know there will never be people back there!

The link below was from someone who posted on here how they removed their third row and installed the PI Utility rear cargo floor, if it was that important and you felt like taking on the project.

Explorer 3rd row delete & police package install

Back