• Register Today It's free!

Front center seat?

Sam89

Reaction score
City, State
Windsor, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer PIU
I have a 2014 Explorer PIU. I have seen threads on here about putting in a center console to fill the gap between the front seats.

Does anyone know if you could put in a middle seat? Say from a Ford F-150 front middle? It looks like it may fit, but I'm not sure I'd anyone else has done it or if it's even doable. Thanks in advance for the Input!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Probably could, but where is the person sitting in it going to put their feet?

Welcome to the Forum Sam.:wave:

Peter

Off to the side(s) like they would in the crown vic. At least this doesnt have the same hump the Vic did. Was wondering if anyone has done it or seen it done. If so any fab work or would it bolt right in

Off to the side(s) like they would in the crown vic. At least this doesnt have the same hump the Vic did. Was wondering if anyone has done it or seen it done. If so any fab work or would it bolt right in
If that seat is anything like the middle seat of the 2nd row bench in the retail Explorer, it is going to be very tight. The width in the retail is about 11". Would the seat come with its own seatbelt?

Peter

If that seat is anything like the middle seat of the 2nd row bench in the retail Explorer, it is going to be very tight. The width in the retail is about 11". Would the seat come with its own seatbelt?

Peter

Yeah the f150 seat has a shoulder belt built into it. I'd just have to get a reciever to clip it into to make it functional.

I read a post in the 6th gen Explorer Forum wherein a member said when a customer wants the 2nd row bench option in place of the two Captain's Chairs, all they do in bolt in a smaller/narrower seat between the existing ones.

Peter

I'm kind of hoping it will work out. I need to take measurements and see if it works out. Was hoping someone had tried it.

The 2nd row rear seat bolts to the floor. In the front, there are only some small holea to bolt brackets and a few sheet metal standoffs for affixing the center console. I wouldn't take my chances with a center seat, unless it was somehow part of the passenger seat, like a 60/40 split bench.

On a side note, if the center passenger puts their feet in the passenger footwell, where will the passenger put their feet? There's not a lot of room there.

About the only thing I would consider is making a seat/platform in the center for my small dog. Anyhow, best of luck.

The 2nd row rear seat bolts to the floor. In the front, there are only some small holea to bolt brackets and a few sheet metal standoffs for affixing the center console. I wouldn't take my chances with a center seat, unless it was somehow part of the passenger seat, like a 60/40 split bench.

On a side note, if the center passenger puts their feet in the passenger footwell, where will the passenger put their feet? There's not a lot of room there.

About the only thing I would consider is making a seat/platform in the center for my small dog. Anyhow, best of luck.

That was basically what I would use it for is my dog if I did. Not people. That and to have the open space feel with the option of an arm rest essentially

Back