front diff axle bearing replacement. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

front diff axle bearing replacement.

shinta

Reaction score
City, State
yuma az
Year, Model & Trim Level
92ex
What's up Yall. So had a hole in my front diff for awhile. I thought I got it sealed up but I didn't. The other day iwas pulln out of work and the front driverside wheel locked up. Put it in reverse moved fine. Back into drive locked up again. So I backed in to a spot got a tow truck to take her home. Such a sad site. So I get her in the garage and start takn apart the leftside. All bearings look good, plenty of grease, continue on pull the axle out and it looks good no damage. So I take the front end all apart. Which I've never done so iam quite proud of myself. So I open up the thr front diff and it looks like the damn jif peanut butter plant in there. With gears all gumed up. So I cleaned it all up found no rocks, or metal shavings, or any damage. Spin the passenger side axle that is still connectted and it moves smooth. Insert the driverside axle and damn found the problem. The bearings are all jacked up. So now oh wise gentlemen I come before you to ask, how the hell do I get these bearings out and replace them. And please remember iam not the smartest guy.

It might be easier to get a diff out of a junk yard. You talking about a carrier bearing?

Back