For Sale - Front Diff Guard for TTB | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For Sale Front Diff Guard for TTB

Front diff guard and skidplate for the Dana 35 TTB. Unpainted steel, does not include bolts but I would recommend 1/4" longer bolts. $145 shipped.

D35 TTB Guard 2 (1).JPG

D35 TTB Guard 2 (2).JPG

D35 TTB Guard 2 (3).JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Brian "Icarus" says he would very like to own such a beautiful diff condom! He doesn't like the scrapes he's been getting!

Brian, I've been thinking about this since getting home from Moab.

How about a slimmed down version without the tube up front and the bottom only as long as the bottom of the beam?

How about a slimmed down version without the tube up front and the bottom only as long as the bottom of the beam?

I could do that. While it wouldnt give any added protection to the diff it would reinforce the bottom of the beam. The "lite" version would be $68 shipped. I would have to make some as I dont have any of the pieces cut out right now but that would be no problem to do.

People, I have one of these and they are beef!!!! Totally worth the money if you lack fab skills, time, material, space, tools or any other reason for not being able to make one.

what does the "lite" version look like?
and it is 100 shipped?

The lite version does not include the front protection bars. It's just the plate you see in the above posted pics. It's 68 shipped.

How tight to the bottom of the Arm does it get? I have a plate welded to the bottom of my front diff (where it had been hit and cracked before). I welded the crack and added that piece of metal but I could use some more protection as the piece I added is only 4" (doesn't over hang)

Do you think it will clear? Here is a link to a pic of the diff. You can click on orig. size if you need to zoom in even more..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10384420@N03/6157266381/sizes/l/in/set-72157603195823952/

What do you think? Heck, could I wallow out the bolt holes to make it come down a bit if I needed to drop it some?

~Mark

How tight to the bottom of the Arm does it get? I have a plate welded to the bottom of my front diff (where it had been hit and cracked before). I welded the crack and added that piece of metal but I could use some more protection as the piece I added is only 4" (doesn't over hang)

Do you think it will clear? Here is a link to a pic of the diff. You can click on orig. size if you need to zoom in even more..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10384420@N03/6157266381/sizes/l/in/set-72157603195823952/

What do you think? Heck, could I wallow out the bolt holes to make it come down a bit if I needed to drop it some?

~Mark
It won't fit as shown but I'm sure Brian could make the front plate a little longer to accommodate.

I haven't welded mine up yet but there's only about 1/16" - 1/8" clearance (about the thickness of a washer for a 1/2" bolt)

How do I pay you for the $100 dollar version? These things are sick. Can I get the bolts at a hardware store? And will I be able to install it without leaking diff fluid thanks
Zac

Maniak- ill take a pic of the fit of mine and post it up so you can see the space between the axle housing/diff. The plate goes pretty far back and looks like its gonna be great protection for the diff housing as well.

NorCal- Use PayPal. I bought my new bolts at lowes, so I'm sure any hardware store with a decent bolt bin can help you out. You won't lose any fluid. Unbolt lower five bolts, put diff guard on, replace lower bolts with new ones and you're done. Easy ten minute install.

Thanks guys. The lite version is as described above but it also does not include the back lip.

Mark, no it wouldnt fit as said abve it is a tight fit. I can probably expand the bottom down 1/4" but it would need to be a weld it yourself type deal so it will fit your modified beam.

Wether it will leak or not depends on how good the seal is. I have had good luck with them not leaking so far.

Im out of town right now for the next week. Paypal works for me and I can send one out when I get back.

Im out of town right now for the next week.

..:shifty_ey ...Did you go on an offroad trip without me?

..I guess I'm going to have to take the diff guard off my X and give it to Zukman...It appears they bought it for themselves..:rolleyes:..:D

I hear a couple of these showed up in the Great North West recently!!:thumbsup:

Bump

Okay cool, is there any chance you could get one to me before the 15th? I live in California, and what's the email for your Paypal?

I hear a couple of these showed up in the Great North West recently!!:thumbsup:

Bump

yes and thank you for that :thumbsup:

Okay cool, is there any chance you could get one to me before the 15th? I live in California, and what's the email for your Paypal?

I can ship it out the 12th so it would probably get there 14th or 15th by priority mail, I will send you a PM

Update: Wheeled it hard yesterday. Put rock on it repeatedly.(Ok I bashed the **** out of it and it didn't flinch) The protection bars actually help diff get up and over obstacles I found. I'll give it a A+ for design and A+ for build

Fantastic job man!

Nice!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back