Front driverside door jammed closed | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Front driverside door jammed closed

Cuska

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XL
hey, i'm looking for some quick help here. I got a 97 4 door explorer, and my front driverside door is stuck closed, the inside door handle jamed in the "
open position", fixed that by taking it off and reseting it, how ever, it seems that the the door latch isnt working properly, i'm moving both the inside and out side actuator arms, and the door just wont open. ive been locked and unlocking the door like mad (btw its power locks). the push button dosnt seem like its moving far enough compaired to the other ones. Ive tried with brute strength to push it down all the way and to open it all the way, No Dice. If Any One Can Help Me Get This Door Open It Would Be Greatly Apriciated!

First try to pull up the door lock pin by hand if this dosent work than I think the only way to get it open will be by pulling the interior molding off of the door to get to the latch mechanism. If you are can move both the interior and exterior handles than I would guess that that the problem would be with the door locks.

Back