City, State
pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 awd
hello,
I have a 2001 awd explorer,5.0, the cv-joint on the front driveshaft went out,
called ford to check on replacement need to buy whole drive shaft at
$500.00 plus.
does anyone know where else i could buy one? I checked online two companys have them listed but cannot get them from manufacturer
(A1 Cardone) they are out of stock.
thanks,
Ifishwalleye

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Try fordpartsnetwork.com . I've gotten Explorer cv shafts from them before and they are significantly less expensive than the dealer. They may not be listed on their website, but e-mail Torrie@fordpartsnetwork.com, and he can get them for you.

check your local auto parts, Pep Boys, Auto Zone, Checker, Carquest, ect... I got a pair sitting in my garage off my 2000 Ranger that may work. It have the spindles still connect onto it. Write me back if interested.

thanks for the lead, I ordered one from shaft.com hopefully it will
get here soon and be the correct one , sounds like it is, from the dimensions
the gentleman said. $289.00 plus core and shipping.
thanks again,
ifishwalleye

Hey Fisherman (ifishwalleye),

This a great time to check on your hub bearing as well. If they are still in great shape, you may want to rub a thin layer of grease around the edge of the axles where it goes into the bearing. I've found this is a big help on getting rid of the squeak! Lastly, check on the level of gear oil too. I found it is best to raise the side you are going to work on higher then the other to keep the fluid inside.

Good luck and lets us know how it goes.

Al

Back