• Register Today It's free!

Front end coming out alignment

MadMike6786

Reaction score
City, State
hillsborough, nj
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 sport
hey guys i have been having a problem lately with my front end coming out of alignment. i have a lift kit on it also. when it first came out alignment i brought it to the shop and they re-aligned also putting on a caster and camber kit. ok it fixed it. 5000 miles later it came out again and chewed up my tires. i had alot of inside wear and the guy said the toe-in was out 1/8" so he re-aligned. i fear that this problem has not ended lol idk whats causing it. i measured the frame on my truck becuz i bought a new stabilizer bar which i thought would fix the problem cuz it looked bent becuz it would not line up with the stabilizer links. the frame is bent 1" and 1/2" in the middle. BUT MY TRUCK SITS LEVEL i dont understand.

- any one have any thoughts on the alignment issue?
- does the fords have a naturally unlevel frame?

have you looked at your ball joints and inner-outer tie rods. Crapped out jountsd and rods will throw away an alighnment, trust me, i know. My mounty wouldnt keep an alighnment if its life depended on it. Changed the inner tie rod and now its keeping alighnments and steering is nice and tight.

Had that problem on my 99. The torsion bar adjusting bolts are coated with a blue threadlock when new. When backed in and out a couple of times (from working on the front end) that stuff strips off, and they back themselves out over time. Ford says to use new bolts each time they are removed.

I would take them out, put blue threadlock on them, and then put em back in and reset the front ride height. You then need to check the toe-in again - adjusting ride height changes the toe-in/out.

I would think the shop that did all that work would do all this for free since they should know better - and it will only take them about 15 minutes.

Back