Front end "Squeeking" noise | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Front end "Squeeking" noise

ddininio

Reaction score
Hi,

New member here. Let's see how this works out. I have a '97 Explorer Sport Trac. The front driver's side is "squeeking" like crazy. Every time I hit a bump (even a tiny one) or turn the steering wheel. I replaced the lower ball joint last summer and ensured lots of grease in it. Could the Squeeking be coming from the upper ball joint? Or maybe the upper control arm bushings? Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Dave

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi,

New member here. Let's see how this works out. I have a '97 Explorer Sport Trac. The front driver's side is "squeeking" like crazy. Every time I hit a bump (even a tiny one) or turn the steering wheel. I replaced the lower ball joint last summer and ensured lots of grease in it. Could the Squeeking be coming from the upper ball joint? Or maybe the upper control arm bushings? Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Dave

I replaced my upper ball joint and the squeaking stooped. 97 X

are they greaseable?? if so then grease the ball joints and tierods first

In order to replace the upper ball joint, do I have to replace the entire upper control arm? Are the ball joints pressed in?

well drill and tap holes for grease fittings... we do that for customers who want greaseable ones

You could also use a grease needle to get some grease in there, I had the same problem and the grease needle fixed it

Back