Front end work | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Front end work

i love sas! seeing those beasts crawl is amazing! its just not the goal for my truck.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Next year when i get the deavers then yeah Brandon will do the cantilever setup. Ive seen that truck in person and its *****en to say the least. But i gotta take it a step at a time lol. Front end first...

haha i'll race them all!!! but i'll still be puting my money on dannyboy to win :p:

See ya got the Knuckles off eh? this is one thread I am gonna follow closely since I was talking to Travis the other day about doing the same thing on my truck. of course I wanna see the finished product too :D

Glad to hear the Melon is doing ok too.

I didn't know this was the mod you were planning to get done next. But I of course will be keeping my eye on every detail of this. Any chance these will be done before Glamis?

Doeseth this mean you're going to race DannyBoy, FROADER, and others down the wash after your beams are finished!?!?
So instead of just an annual ExplorerForum T-haven event, we can have an annual ExplorerForum T-haven RACE!?!?

Can I play? I only have a stock 4 cyl...seriously.

I didn't know this was the mod you were planning to get done next. But I of course will be keeping my eye on every detail of this. Any chance these will be done before Glamis?

no this isn't the same work that i was talking to you about before. that will still happen after glamis :cool:

keeping the 35 for now. someday goin 44 but not for a while. want to build a decent/nice front end with the 35 and take any knowledge learned from it to the 44 swap. getting the beams doen right now was a quick idea when i saw the thread travis posted on dezertrangers. and i really want to work on my fab skills, thats why leaving the math and geometry to BTF, and doing the cut n' grind to fit and weld myself.

i wish they would be done before glamis, but i plan on having them sit around a long time to work on them and get them just the way i want em.

haha sure you can join in, mr. B of the BTF. anyone can join the race as long as carlover and cybergasm don't lounch their cars and blow up their front ends

anyone can join the race as long as carlover and cybergasm don't lounch their cars and blow up their front ends

I'll have things shored up here soon. So it won't happen again :cool:

Maybe when you move up to the D44, i can pick up your D35 ;)

haha sure you can join in, mr. B of the BTF. anyone can join the race as long as carlover and cybergasm don't lounch their cars and blow up their front ends[/QUOTE]

LMAO, now thats funny. By the time the next truchhaven rolls around the explorer should be pretty built up with the LT front end and nice rear setup, and a self built roll cage. Im in an extreme budget savings mode to make sure this happens. No more fast food, or beer, or monsters or anything like that lol...My life is gonna suck for now..

haha sure you can join in, mr. B of the BTF. anyone can join the race as long as carlover and cybergasm don't lounch their cars and blow up their front ends

sweet, here's my ride :)

mdr-luc250-1487c_std.jpg

...and I saw what Mr. Carlover did to his truck...that was no bueno!

Maybe when you move up to the D44, i can pick up your D35 ;)

if my beams turn out nice, i could always just build you some using my beams as a templet :thumbsup:

aww yes, i remember several times when i've done that, trying to save up for something so i don't buy ANYTHING except for gas. it doesn't actually suck that much to do that though, cause all you think about is what your saving up for, in your case the l/t.

sweet, here's my ride :)

mdr-luc250-1487c_std.jpg

...and I saw what Mr. Carlover did to his truck...that was no bueno!

LOL well im sure your LT front end will holdup to the abuse much better that the ****ty stock one. Hell i think with limit straps on the setup i have now it would fair alot better than what i had then lol..

071.jpg
072.jpg
073.jpg
074.jpg
075.jpg

well, here is a couple things to get you motivated.

I appreciate the kind words about my speed, but I think Matt said you were faster in the washes, Colin clearly took a lead from me and I couldn't get past him. You know me, I've only got 3 gears. I'll be far back in the pack someplace.

I did talk with McNeil's yesterday...possible new mod to come (I'm sure you're all thinking what now).

thanks for the photos Danny. who's beams are those? the plating on the ends is just like what i want to do, but i also want to plate the bottum of the diff to protect it form rocks

beam%20bottom.jpg

actually, i have no idea what your planning on doing with your truck and the McNeils :scratch:

BTF, we you can join our lil race, but we'll make a rockcrawling section to go through in the middle :D

I have collected those pics from various sites. I'm trying to figure out exactly what and where my front end needs extra support. I'm leaking at my front diff right now pretty bad and I hope it's not a bent beam.

I wonder how much of that is extra strength and how much is bling? My old beam kinked near the passenger side of the driver's wheel beam.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow so those are what the revamped arms will look like? They are blingin away! :cool:

Anyone know what thickness the extra plating is? I'm curious as to how they get it to conform so well to the original arm's shape.

Back