• Register Today It's free!

Front end work

ucluglee

Reaction score
City, State
Greenville, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLT
So, about $1,000 in parts and three days spread out in the garage floor, my 2000 Explorer is now riding like a new Caddy. Front upper control arms and ball joints, lower ball joints, shocks, sway bar ends, new brake rotors, brake pads, new front wheel bearings, tie rod ends, sway bar bushings and flushed the brake lines. The cheapest price I got from any repair shop was $2500.

2012-06-07_20-03-07_730.png

And for $160 from 1aauto.com, I got new headlights, parking lights and fog lights.

2012-06-09_16-09-53_460.png

(waiting for it to get dark so I can adjust them)

Mine were completely white fogged and nothing I tried worked. This is what they looked like:
2012-06-08_22-08-30_316.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well done. Reminds me of when I rebuilt the front end on my X about a year ago. I love the look of everything when it is new too. If you have done it yet, get an alignment as soon as you can. Mine was out a couple degrees and I will tell you that after the alignment, it was a night/day difference.

Well done. Reminds me of when I rebuilt the front end on my X about a year ago. I love the look of everything when it is new too. If you have done it yet, get an alignment as soon as you can. Mine was out a couple degrees and I will tell you that after the alignment, it was a night/day difference.

Oh yeah, definitely. I took the back roads (35 MPH) to Tire Kingdom and got it aligned.

When I did my front end I had to wait until my next pay check to do my alignment. I took mine to Firestone and got the lifetime alignment cause I hate these lovely roads here in VA, nothing like hitting speed bumps at 55-60mph.

Back