2000 ford explorer xlt aw
New hear not sure if this is the right area for this post
I have a 2000 xlt explorer awd
Just replaced upper controll arms with bushings ball joint and new cam bolts
Also replaced lower ball joints. All moog problem solver parts
Along with monroe sensitrack struts and sabilizer links
Having issues with front end still it feels sloppy over bumps like its a
Knock feel and minimal noise any idea would be great

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..not all that familiar with the 2000 front end. It has front struts instead of shocks?
Maybe front sway bar bushings are shot?

..not all that familiar with the 2000 front end. It has front struts instead of shocks?
Maybe front sway bar bushings are shot?

My 2000 Mountie AWD has shock not struts.

Did you check the tie rod ends, both inner and outer?

Are you sure you put 100lbs of torque on the upper bolts?

MT

No offense you did all that and then use Monroes, there's most of the problem. Try a better shock.

^ ... matter of opinion.

In the right application and properly installed (as with any product), Monroe makes a quality shock. Scores of knowledgeable folks have installed them and are quite happy. They have been in business since 1940 would not be a major manufacturer automotive shocks if they built a crappy product. The parent company also owns Rancho Shocks.

Check the sway bar bushings and links, they are common to make noise especially the links when they are not tight enough.

No mention if alignment was checked. Replacing UCA's and installing camber kits almost always requires front wheel alignment.

Hey thanks for the info and ur right i havent aligned it yet but not driving it daily was waitin to figure out
This issue first
So i had it inspected today told them the issue they let me in the shop we put car on the lift looked over everythin in the front and rear and all is fine
Couldnt find anything so they passed it and now im stuck with a front end knock that seems to be unfindable do you think it could be in the steering shaft

But for the shocks i woulnt know what else to get i got the top line that monroe makes local parts stores
Only carry monroe and gabrials so since im not a gabrial fan didnt feel i had to many options i will admit the a slight bit of a stiff ride but i live down gravel road so i cant have the cush ride flopping around out of controll

Back