Front Fender Removal Questions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Front Fender Removal Questions

Ok, so tonight in prep for a new project I was trying to take the fender off, I had all the bolts out taht I thought needed to come out, but it still wasnt comming off. I had the bolts out from un the rockers, the one in the door jamb, the one on the side behind the bumper, the one behind the turn signal, and of course the ones under the hood...is there anymore I am missing?:confused: It seemed to get stuck or still bolted up by the headlight, but I could not find anything, and pulling in all directions didnt net anything...I eventually ran out of time and bolted it all back together....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There's a do-hickey thingy here. Did you get it?

Attachments

• thisone.jpg
    thisone.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 473

got that one....just did some searching...it sounds like there is a nut inside the fender taht connects it to the header pannel that I didnt get...anyone know how to get to this bad boy?

edit...after looking at your pic...it apears tahts what you have circled....

Yeah. It's one of those ribbed stud type deals similar to the tail lights. You can see it easily from the wheel well if you have the plastic removed. I just grip-and-ripped mine.

It's the white looking thing in this pic:

Attachments

• whitething.jpg
    whitething.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 490

So what exactly do you have going on here anyway? Care to share?

planning on a snorkel.....lots of pics to come next week...my arb top isnt supose to be here till tuesday, so I dont really want to start until then....

What are you planning on using to run the length of the fender horizontal? If you use PVC I highly suggest putting it in the oven at 200 on some foil until it's soft then using the inside of the fender (not the inner fender the one you took off) as a template to get the bend right. Mine fit like a glove when it was done. Good luck.

fwiw it is an 11mm nut inside of there.

yeah nine times out of ten you just twist the stud out.

FWIW, that nut DOES NOT need to be replaced.

( just dont ask how many I have done and not put that nut back on :rolleyes: )

Back