• Register Today It's free!

Front Ford Emblem

audiophile172

Reaction score
City, State
Seacoast - NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Sport
Hello everyone ~ This is my first post so and I'm happy to join this forum as I just took delivery of a 2013 Explorer Sport and am loving it.

I'm looking to remove the front 7" Ford Badge badge from my front grill to replace it with a black one. My rig is Tuxedo Black, black rims, tinited windows, etc. and IMO the front and rear Ford badges stick out. I have new black emblems that will look nice but.....

I've removed the 2 speed nuts from the back side but she will not break free. I obviously do not want to damage it but can't see why she won't come loose. I can move the badge 1/32" in any direction so I am sure it is loose but there is something else holding it on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Jeff

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for both the welcome and the reply. I've dug into this a little further and think there might be an "emblem nut" holding it on which would really stick as I would need to remove the entire grill assembly to split it apart as the nut is sandwiched between the front grill and a plastic liner on the back side. Something one would think would be a 2 minute job? Everything's a project.........

Mind posting what size the rear was and maybe where you go them?

Thanks,
D

My front is a 7" and the rear is a 5". The rear one I bought is an "over" one with self adhesive. Not sure how much larger it will make it but hope it looks good. The front is a completely new emblem and from what I can tell is held on with not only 2 speed nuts but with a large center nut which is not accessible unless you remove the entire grill. Bummer...... I purchased nice black ones off Ebay and received them the other day. They are very nice, high quality and are going to look much better than the old fashioned blue ovals on the new Sport in Tuxedo Black.

Back