• Register Today It's free!

Front Hubs are Hot

Todderr

Reaction score
City, State
Richmond,Va.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Limited
I just finished my body lift and coil spacers, just put on new 32" tires mounted on 8" rims then took her for a 6-8 mile spin. When I pulled into the garage to check the lug nuts both front hubs were very hot, to hot to touch for more than 4-5 seconds. Any ideas why they are this hot or is this OK. Also the hubs are auto and the front end has not been aligned.

P.S. I Just became an Elite!
Todd

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Normal

I checked the hubs on my Suburban after a 20 mile drive and they were not even close to being as hot as the Explorers.

Todd

As I said on an Explorer it's normal. Mine get just as hot. 3 different X's. Stock rims & aftermarket. The hubs are attached to the rotor's, the rotors are attached to the spindle, the rims are attached to all of that by the lug nuts & the whole thing rotates. That's a lot of heat transfered metal to metal. If your hard on your brakes, that transfers more heat into the mix. Now if you hear noises & it drives bad something may be wrong.

Your calipers could be dragging.

No new rotors and pads and bearings

Back