Front licence plate holder... where can I get one? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Front licence plate holder... where can I get one?

BHop

Reaction score
City, State
Victoria, B.C.
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XL
Hi all,

So, where can I get one? I want to avoid getting robbed at the dealership, and to be honest, I never have had any success with any of my visits to junkyard over the past x years.

Any ideas?

By the way, it's cracked and in serious need of replacement.

Cheers!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was gonna say a junkyard lol. But since you dont seem to have luck with that, check out the vendor section of the forum, there are several vendors that deal with used parts including 1ATony whos on all the time. I imagine you could probably get it pretty cheap through one of them.
Also check the parts for sale section, cause there are always members parting out Explorers that you could also get it from

I took mine off that you could have its off an 01 sport and is in good condition, I just took it off cus I put a grille guard and looked too cluttered. $5 plus shipping and its yours.

I took mine off that you could have its off an 01 sport and is in good condition, I just took it off cus I put a grille guard and looked too cluttered. $5 plus shipping and its yours.

But will this fit on to a 97 Explorer? Does it have the same mounting bracket? I would love to purchase it if it did.

If you don't know for sure, might you be able to post a few pics so that I can take a look?

Thanks

Drill 2 holes into the bumper.

Cool, thanks guy I will have a look.

Cheers!

Back