• Register Today It's free!

Front License Plate Bracket

jsakabuck

Reaction score
City, State
Pennsylvania
Year, Model & Trim Level
'09 Limited V-8
I just bought my '08 EB which came from a dealer in Virginia, which uses front license plates. Here in Pennsylvania, we don't use front plates. Is there any way of removing the front plate molded plastic license plate holder without doing any damage to the front bumper?

My local Ford dealer says it came be removed, but will leave two little holes on the front face of the bumper. Will these holes cause any harm, like rust issues if I do this?

Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I purchased our '07 in PA and it still had the front license plate holder on it... :(

I was able to easily remove it but it did leave two little (annoying) holes in the front bumper. There is no need to worry about rust as the front bumper is plastic. Still looks better/cleaner than having it on though ;)

Any of you want to sell/give it to me? in TX you need front plate
If it fits my 02 I'd be happy to take it off of your hands hehehe

Any of you want to sell/give it to me? in TX you need front plate
If it fits my 02 I'd be happy to take it off of your hands hehehe

I'll have to take a look at mine again, but I believe it kind of "molded" for the 2006+ front bumper...

Wanted: Front License Plate Bracket

Hi!

I have a 2007 EB Explorer. It does not have a front plate bracket (I also live in PA, and it doesn't need one). However, I would like one for my personalized front plate. Does anyone know where I can buy one? Will it do damage to my bumper?

Thanks!
Laura

Dakota Rose.
The dealer should have them. I got one for mine in Texas cause we are required to have plates in the front. It was around 20 bucks..

Back